Question about my son's... adult content

I have a 16 month old and just recently I have noticed that the skin around his pee hole is like peeling a little bit. Just like the skin was dry and started to peel. He's not displaying any discomfort and I am making sure to put a lot of A & D on it when I change him. Has anyone ever had this happen before? What could be the cause?

Ash9724

Asked by Ash9724 at 9:48 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• ¸.•*"yea even if he is circumsized there may still be a little bit of foreskin there..just kinda push it back and make sure your wiping it good..apply the a&d ointment or vaseline..if you think it's something else and doesn't stop after a few days call your doctor and see what's going on...best of luck¸.•*"
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 10:37 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• is he circumcised?
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:51 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Is he circumsised? If he is I suggest moisture inhanced lotions when he's fresh out of the bath tub as well as what your doing now.
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 9:52 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• even though he is does he still have that little bitty bit of foreskin there? my ds does (very tiny amount) but idk if you know that you have to pull it back a little to wash all the gunk out of there.. if my son starts getting irritated "down there" i use a&d ointment or vaseline GL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:54 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Yes he is
    Ash9724

Comment by Ash9724 (original poster) at 9:52 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Try neosporin it has healing agents in it.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:15 PM on Dec. 13, 2010