What's a good major for me?

I'm going back to college in August. I finally think I have things straightened out! Yay! I don't think I want to stick with my original major though. I love working with kids...especially with kids who need extra love and attention in their lives, such as foster kids and kids from broken homes. I love helping people, as well. What would be a good thing for me to major in?

Krystal.Ingalls

Asked by Krystal.Ingalls at 2:21 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Money & Work

• Take a few general classes first if you are undecided. Look at classes in psychology, sociology, early childhood ed. prep classes ( where you learn about what the work of the subject is about). As a general admission student you can work with a guidance counselor to find your next step for yourself. You know yourself best and though others can make suggestions the decision lies within you. Best of luck and many joys along the way.

artC1s

Answer by artC1s at 2:44 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Social work?
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 2:45 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Social work or early childhood education. It sounds like you have a love for people who are less fortunate which is great - we need more people like that in the world. I think you would do well if you did special education. Do what your heart tells you and good luck going back to school. I'm going back in September!
    nightwillow

Answer by nightwillow at 2:45 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• My mom suggested pediatric physical therapy. That could be fun and challenging! Does anyone know what you have to do to become one? How many years of college does it take? Thanks!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 3:56 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• You need a masters degree for both Phyisical therapy and social work. I checked into it already! Not that dedicated! lol
    abootie

Answer by abootie at 9:21 PM on Nov. 7, 2008