Is this the Salvation Army now? Isn't there a group for these begging posts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have been in that position. I called local churches and the Salvation Army. I scraped together whatever money I could and bought smaller gifts. I made items for my kids.

I didn't solicit help from random strangers on the internet.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:12 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• rolling on floorthis is great!!!

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 10:08 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• If you're asking for advice on where to get gifts thats another story. Then again, if you found yourself on cafemom and have the Internet  you can find a goodwill or salvation army around your way, you can even google it.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 10:19 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Ok that is fair enough. I just felt the way you conducted the heading was a bit inappropriate and harsh...but that's just me. It is hard on people with young children in this economy . Perhaps this is the wrong place, but there is a right way and wrong way of going about addressing the issue.
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 11:41 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Just wait until you are in that position. Most moms are willing to do anything to make sure their kids get gifts at Christmas. I say kuddos to them I just hope they get some help at Christmas.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:09 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• it's not like the people were asking other "cafe moms" for handouts they were asking where they could get help, after all this web site is for advice
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:09 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I'm happy to help others in need, in any way I can.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:20 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• that's why she asked under anonymous instead of taking credit by posting her name.
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 10:06 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I agree to a certain extent. I mean if you really think about it this sight isn't the safest place to ask for assistance. How do you know that the person on the other end is a real mother in need, it's not like they do back round checks. You could be sending gifts to some greedy old man with no kids. It's just not the safest or surest way to get gifts or hand outs.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 10:16 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• woohoo voted down! lmao
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:07 PM on Dec. 12, 2010