How far along am I ?

I havent got to go to the OB yet because im waiting on my insurance to go through. So i was wondering if someone could help me determine how far along i am. So my last "normal" period was September 9 - September 13. Always five days. But i had a two day period starting on October 8 - October 9. So i was wondering if my period in Ocotober counted. If it did then im 9 weeks and if it didnt im 13 weeks. This is my first baby so im just really anxious to find out! Thank you :)

mommy2be0611

Asked by mommy2be0611 at 10:09 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't any of us will be able to determine that without our ultrasound machines. lol
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:12 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Meant to say... I don't "THINK" any...
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:13 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• probably 9weeks
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 10:14 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I agree with the first poster. If you are that far along you need to go see a doctor now not later.
    MommyTanisha

Answer by MommyTanisha at 10:15 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• The 2 day period may have been bleeding from implantation. I don't think we can tell you that. Call your doctor, because when I was in the process of applying for medicaid when I was pregnant, I was told i could be seen before it went through? I don't know how that works though. Just call and tell them you are pregnant but are waiting on your insurance and see what they say.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 10:39 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Ah hell just split the difference and say you are 11 weeks until you know for sure... We really can't tell you anything.. But insurance or not, you are almost in your second trimester.. you really should go to the OB and very soon..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:42 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• When they do an u/s they can give you a better EDD. If you are going to have to wait a week or longer for insurance then go to the health department. They might be able to help get you temporary insurance and they will give you some prenatal vitamins.

ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 11:13 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• 13 weeks
    tiffanynick

Answer by tiffanynick at 12:47 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I say 13 weeks and congratulations! If you need to see or what to see a OBGYN before your insurance is in place try planned parenthood. They can start you on prenatal , answer questions and possibly apply for medical assistance if you qualify.

pregnant bellyCongratulations!!!!!!!!!!

rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 1:10 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• There is really no good way to know without getting an ultrasound to measure the baby. The two day "period" could very well be implantation bleeding, or it could have just been a wonky cycle. I always go with the furthest due date when I don't know, because then I'm not disappointed when I find out I'm wrong. It is much better to be told you are 13 weeks along when you think you are 9 weeks than to be told you are only 9 weeks when you think you are 13 weeks.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 11:32 AM on Dec. 13, 2010