What is a good Book Series for teenage boys

I have two teenage boys that love to read, They have read many book series including.. Harry Potter, City of Bones, Percy Jackson, Fablehaven and I am sure there are many more I can't think of.

I am looking for any suggestions for other books or book series they can read.

Thanks

cornflakegirl3

Asked by cornflakegirl3 at 10:21 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• My husband is getting his first book published in January. His book is a reference book about graphic novels for kids up to 14. But he has read tens of thousands of books, his mom was a librarian and she runs the local book groups for teens, so he knows about books!

Anyway he suggested... The Alcatraz Smedry books. Alcatraz vs the Evil Librarians, Alcatraz vs the Scrivener's Bones and so on. He also said they should check out The graphic novel series Bone. You can buy all nine books individually or you can get the entire collection in one book.

He got all excited when I asked him to suggest books for your boys.

:D
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:29 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• My boys have been reading the Mistborn series I think the author is Brandon Sanderson....they've devoured his books. They're fantasy books.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:26 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Rick Riordan - the Percy Jackson author - has 2 new books out that are the beginning of 2 new series. One is a new Camp Halfblood series, The Lost Hero. The other is set with Egyptian mythology, The Red Pyramid (I think.)

There is the Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flammel series - my whole family devoured them.
    The Inheritance Cycle - Eragon, Eldest, Brisinger and a yet to be published 4th book.
    The Inkheart Novels
    Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit

Just a few that my kids have completely inhaled. If you want more PM me and I'll have DS1 recited a few. He's in bed now, though.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:16 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• James Patterson's Maximum Ride series....and James Patterson's Teen series. Chris Wooding's Malice (there's a second one I don't remember). Jules Verne, Neil Gaiman
    And they may be ready for books series written more for adults.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:25 AM on Dec. 13, 2010