Maybe the taxation on rich people should go to schooling?

What do you all think. I have a question about kids graduating in the 10th grade instead of 12th. I guess a school wants to try this or do it. But one person responded with maybe it has something to do with our schools not having the funds. Maybe this Obama plan of spreading the wealth should instead go to the school system so our kids can have a better education and they can bring back more classes. Like different languages(spanish, french, german.) ect, ect. A lot of schools have cut back to the lack of funding.
I would personally my money go to kids to get a better education then go to a majority of people who would rather do nothing with themselves.

jessicamelia83

Asked by jessicamelia83 at 2:22 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• There are many reasons why schools run out of money and they are problems that alot of Americans do not agree with. One is we have to school the illegal immigrants. Another is we have to provide upscale high schools that have swimming pools and high tech gyms and such while we do away with our home economic programs, shop, language and the arts. Our children that want to learn, in some ways, are kind of left out in a way that is very sad. The kids need challenge. They need to see the fruit of their labor so to speak. Yes, they are good with cell phones and blackberries, text messaging and computers. Asked to use a shovel or some kind of tool or to farm and the majority think you are nuts. They may be learning technology but they are not learning basic everyday skills. No Child Left Behind is a terrible program. They just get bumped along. JMO
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 6:35 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I think it's to force parents to have to get loans for their kids further education. All of that interest will be paying for his programs. I don't like the idea at all. As it is, kids just out of HS aren't terribly smart.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:27 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• why not pay off some of the DEBT that everyone is complaining about....
    aimige

Answer by aimige at 2:50 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• How much more money do the schools need anyway...is there a $ figure you are thinking of poster?
    Anonymous

• Yes, please enlighten us OP. How much money do the schools need? Maybe you should get involved with your PTO (if you aren't already) and dive into the many fundraising drives. My DS's school's PTO raised over $250,000 last year alone and are targeted to raise more than that this year. Hard work can pay off. Maybe you should stop looking to government to take care of everything. Turning kids out of school doesn't make them smarter, it just takes money out of your pocket. After all, you must provide for them until they are 18, so you get to pay for two years of college before they are on their own. Wonder what the interest on those loans will be. Enjoy.
    Anonymous

• god anonymous posters that have balls to be rude at least show your faces. I am mainly talking about schools in poor areas of the United States. There are areas where they can't even afford books. I think that the schools could use a lot more money than what they have. R u 2 the poor people who want the money to yourselves? You guys where totally rude and off course. I was not referring to pay for their college loans. Do you realize how many towns don't have money to give kids a good education? Next time you leave an answer on my question and decide to be rude show your face. People like you are the ones who piss others off. report me for this I don't care. At least I showed my face.
    jessicamelia83

Answer by jessicamelia83 at 5:57 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Why would I report you? I find other points of view interesting, even when I don't agree. I'm staying anon for a reason. But I will say, I am sincerely sorry for the snark. But really, there are many ways for parents to help their schools. Just joining PTO helps with their funds. Getting involved helps as well. I realize in less financial fortunate places they have issues paying for books and such. There are many charitible opportunities before the school year starts to help these families (we do this as well), like the back pack drives where you buy a pack and fill it with the list of school supplies. They have coin drives at my DS's school to raise money for low income families to buy school supplies.
    And no, I am one of the more financially fortunate families that finds ways to help without involving government. ; )
    Anonymous

• A while back I saw a show on tv where it showed areas like where coal mines are there are other places as well. But these are the ones that could not afford books. It just makes me sad to see that kids cannot have a good education. My kids are fortunate. So was I. I think that if there was more help in the schools it would keep a lot of kids out of trouble.
    jessicamelia83

Answer by jessicamelia83 at 6:23 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• sorry I was rude with you
    jessicamelia83

• My reasoning for the no government in schools is because the govt. F's up everything they touch. They can't run anything efficiently. The more money that runs through their hands, the more they keep. Less money goes to the schools, and families like your's and mine end up footing the bill anyhow. I don't mind helping, as I would want someone to help me if I were in dire financial shape. But government getting their hands on OUR SCHOOL'S money is not a good thing IMO.
    Anonymous