do you over talk when you get nervous?

or just uncomfortable when you dont know what to say soo you talk alot!? i need to stop because people prolly think im crazy .. i get soo nervous easily ..so i ramble about stupid crap :/ how do i control myself.. or feel less anxious or nervous

Luckyme3487

Asked by Luckyme3487 at 10:39 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes I do....how to stop...no clue...

Here's an example...A few years ago, my husband bought me a full body massage for mother's day. It was great, but I was so nervous that I literally did not shut up the entire time...that poor woman knows my whole life story (and she was probably bored to tears!!) and I was only in there for a freaking hour...
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 10:42 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I do this sometimes.. I have started counting in my head. I know it sounds crazy, although when I am nervous or something I take a deep breath and count to 10 in my head, Usually that calms me down enough that I stop rambling. Sometimes it doesn't work and I talk alot.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:42 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I do and I have made some moms uncomfortable. I have to stop, think about what I really want to say, then respond without going into TMI.
    It is a nervous habit that is hard to break, but counting does help as well.
    MotherAndMore

Answer by MotherAndMore at 10:45 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I do, and I try to be funny. I can't stop!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 10:47 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• ik!!! what you mean girls.. like you try to be funny but it just never works out instead you look and feel like a dummy... :( sigghhhs and i too go way too much tmi!
    Luckyme3487

Comment by Luckyme3487 (original poster) at 10:51 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I do, too.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:21 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• You're around strangers, and you get nervous, so you need to remind yourself that these people don't know you yet and they aren't ready for a life story. Think about what you're going to say before you say it, that way you can possibly control yourself.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:07 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I totally do this. If there is a solution please inform me LOL :D
    fairygurl91787

Answer by fairygurl91787 at 3:11 AM on Dec. 13, 2010