Refusing to drink formula

My 10 month old has been refusing formula for about one week. He was drinking about 28-30 ounces a day now he drinks about 18-22 ounces.

I suspected teething since he has 4 teeth on the top and two on the bottom. but now im wondering if its a stage they go through. I heard that once they get more interested in food they would rather eat than drink formula. He only eats pureed veggies and fruits because he gags and chokes on just about anything chunky. I was content with him drinking plenty of formula since he doesnt eat much solids. Now what do I do!?

Any suggestions?

mercilove

Asked by mercilove at 11:02 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My dd isn't ff but when she is refusing to nurse as much as usual I usually just offer more often. You can do the same. Offer bottles before solids always, and if he doesn't finish it you can offer it again after his fruits or veggies. As long as he is gaining weight normally and is a healthy baby, a short phase of not getting as much formula probably isn't a big deal. Do track his wet diapers, though, and if he starts having less than 6 daily call his ped.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:00 AM on Dec. 13, 2010