Are white elephant gifts always gag gifts?

I have been invited to a party and they are doing the white elephant gift exchange.

Noosa

Asked by Noosa at 11:09 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Holidays

• No, they could just be something around the house (in decent condition) that you don't want/use/need.
    Anonymous

• We've done them where there's a price range (like $20-25), and it has to be something you'd actually want.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:29 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• It depends on how you decide to set the rules. I've been to White Elephant exchanges wear the gifts were gag gifts or just plain crap or you can get ones that are really nice. We're doing one at work next week and the rule is to find something at your house and bring it. Well I bought some of those gift baskets last year after Christmas (you know the ones that have the soap, shower gel and all that), so I'm going to take one of those.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 12:31 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• wow ive never heard of the white elephant gift exchange.......sounds fun....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 2:14 PM on Dec. 13, 2010