how much is too much?

ive entered my 4th month and sometimes my energy is back up so much that i wonder if i am doing to many activities, chores, cleaning, etc. and then i stress about if i hurt the baby or if i am going to lose it now because i over did things. every time i bend over or move my body in a wierd way i get paranoid! i know its normal to worry but its all i do! its nice to have the energy level back up but not if everything i do makes me crazy with worry-anyone else ever feel like this?

dez1379

Asked by dez1379 at 11:15 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes I felt like that when I was pregnant. I was working at a daycare center and I was constantly picking up 1 year olds all day long. I would always think that all that picking up and bending over was going to cause me to miscarry but it didn't! Obviously you don't want to exhaust yourself or do more than you would in a normal day, but normal chores and stuff like that won't hurt. I have heard though that you should not lift anymore than 40 lbs when you are pregnant.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:18 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• felt like it with my daughter and still feel like it now but im not allowed to over do things, just relax and take your time on doing chores i've been on rest all week and still gonna be on rest for another week too and im 12weeks
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 11:19 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Just listen to your body, and try to stay in tune. If you feel a twinge or get lightheaded, STOP. It's amazing what pregnancy can survive, and that second trimester is SUCH a relief after the first (and will be a nice memory in the third!). Don't go crazy and help people move, but you can do normal activities, including deep cleaning, if that's your pleasure.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:22 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I've had miscarriages and when I found out I was pregnant again I worried over everything. As long as your OB or midwife hasn't put you on any restrictions then everything should be fine. Try taking breaks in between different chores and drink plenty of water. You are lucky because I'm almost 34 weeks and still don't have my energy back

ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 11:24 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• its sooo hard to not overdo things sometimes! i am staying with my elderly father who has had a couple strokes, as the father of my baby left me homeless, so on top of working i also take care of my dad (which i dont mind at all, it just gets stressful) and because he only has a one bedroom we are packing up and trying desperately to find a 3 bedroom in our price range before the baby gets here. i know i cant do heavy lifting and i do feel kinda bad that i have to ask for so much help-always been so independant!
    dez1379

Comment by dez1379 (original poster) at 11:26 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• Its normal to be scared or freightend but its also normal to do your regular chores alot of women still go to work till the day baby is due and some run and jog and exercise unless you have a un healthy pregnancy or a history of unhealthy pregnancys dont stress over it
    kimmy77

Answer by kimmy77 at 11:26 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• i had 3 miscarriages in the past-all before 6 weeks-this is the first to make it to 4 months...i'd like to put myself in a plastic bubble! lol i just want this baby sooo bad!!!
    dez1379

Comment by dez1379 (original poster) at 11:31 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I felt worried. It is natural to worry about the safety of your unborn baby. Just take it easy, do not do any heavy lifing. Other than that, everything is pretty much okay to do. Eventually you will be unable to bend over anyways.
    MarvelousMama

Answer by MarvelousMama at 12:56 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• It is natural to worry but women have been having babies for a long time now. There was a time where a woman did'nt skip a beat. When I was pregnant 30 years ago with my daughter I had to cut wood for heat. We had a wood stove that heat our home. Your body unless you have limits will let you know. The worst thing can be to worry......lol. There is too much information to make you worry. Enjoy your pregnant body it is beautiful. Your body will tell you when it needs to slow down.

rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 1:04 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Listen to your body. If you notice you are having lots of Braxton Hicks or pains after a day of really going at it, you know you need to slow down a bit. Using good body mechanics can ease your mind. (Lifting with your legs, not bending straight over, sitting up straight, etc.) I also have about a 25 lb. lifting limit during pregnancy. It keeps me from, say, trying to move boxes of books because I know I need them out of my way.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 11:26 AM on Dec. 13, 2010