Twin pregnancy... please help....

I have a few questions.. I am 33 weeks with twins, measuring 42 cm, and have a few questions... ~Is it normal to have your heart feel like it's pounding really hard at times? Mostly when I lay down to rest or something, or just out of the blue, like it starts pumping really hard.
~I know that my uterus is hugely expanded and that is why I have so much aches and pains in my lower back and from my ribs to pelvis. But is it helpful at all to take Tylenol for these types of pains?
~Is it normal to feel really tight? Almost like the balling up feeling.
~Is there anything that can help with the feeling I am getting at night time? When I lay down on either side, with a million pillows, no matter what, I get this feeling like all the bones and nerves from my shoulders to my butt are crushed.
~If you had twins what week did you start to dilate? What week did you go into labor? I am just so scared knowing it will be early, but not knowing when.

JustMeTiff

Asked by JustMeTiff at 6:37 AM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• well, yes it is normal for you heart to pump real fast, mkine did it too. you are pumping blood to 2 extra bodies and your heart is working hard. tylenol did help me with the aches and pains too. the balling up feeling is contractions. keep an eye on them(frequency, duration, etc). try to take it easy. i went into labor at 32 wks and was dilated to almost 4. the put me on turbutaline to stop it and bed rest. i had the girls at 36 wks. i felt the same way ot knowing when it would happen, but it will be over before you know it.
    aidanstwins

Answer by aidanstwins at 10:44 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• One of my twins was way up high and I was getting really achy at that point. My uterus could not expand upward anymore. There was no more room. I also had b.p. issues at that point and my twins came at 33wks 5 days (induced, preclampsia). So, I'm not much help on how to find comfort past that point... The balling up feeling could be contractions.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:30 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• When your heart start pounding are laying on your back? I would always have to stay on my side. I also had to switch from side to side about every 2 hours. I went into labor at 36 weeks, my water broke. I would call the doctor if you have any concerns.
    Irelyn

Answer by Irelyn at 9:31 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• THe heart beating really hard feeling is common. I mean, it happened to me also. It felt like your heart was just going to beat right out of your chest and onto the floor. Don't know what causes it, dr said to just try to take deep breaths.
    It couldn't hurt to try taking a Tylenol and see if it helps.
    The balling up could be contractions or BH
    And I also had the feeling that my should was being crushed from being slept on every night for the last 9 months. I didn't find a cure for that....sorry.
    I didn't have twins so I can't help with that part. But my dr did say twins usually come, on average, at about 34 to 36 weeks(i was preg. with twins the first time, but we lost them...)
    You are almost there momma, try to rest/relax as much as possible and know soon you will meet your new babies! Good luck
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 9:32 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I had my twins at 31 weeks, so I am not much help. I did find though I slept best in a recliner. I was able to keep my feet up and lay down just enough that I didn't have a problem breathing. Good luck to you!
    teacher230

Answer by teacher230 at 10:56 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• They heart pounding is pretty normal. Just try to sit up straight and take deep breaths. It helps a little. I didn't take any meds while I was preg. Didn't figure it would help much. Your going to ache no matter what. The tight feeling is normal. You are just getting closer to being done so your bady is just getting ready. With the pillows I would put one folded under my belly and one between my knees they I would put a couple behind me so that I could lean back on them a little so that I wasn't just on my side, but I wasn't flat on my back either. They induced me at 35 weeks for high blood pressure. I did 20 hours of labor and only dil to 1 cm. They finally had to do a c-section because my BP wouldn't come down and I wasn't prgressing at all. Just relax. Your almost done. The more you worry the more stress it puts on your body and that puts stress on your babies. You will just fine. Your nurses and Dr.s are there to help you and they will! Hope some of this helps!
    MomofTwins07

Answer by MomofTwins07 at 12:31 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• The heart pounding again like others have said is normal, your blood supply increases by double in a singleton pregnancy and more so in a twin pregnancy so your heart is working harder to circulate all this blood.

Tylenol never worked for me but you can try it.

The balling up feeling could be braxton hicks contractions, your uterus being irritated by the enormous amount of growth, or real contraction, if they get painful, come in regular intervals, or your water breaks go to l&D pronto.

I don't think there's much to do about getting comfy in bed at night, in a way your body is being crushed and all your joints are loosening up to make it possible to get these babies out. Sorry.

I have not had my twins yet, but in previous singleton pregnancies I'd start dilating around 34 weeks or so and deliver after 37-8 weeks.
    misty1_sd

Answer by misty1_sd at 1:49 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I honestly think that the feeling is normal, I would recomind that you try sleeping in a recliner and see if that helps you at all. One of the other things that I did was I slept on a air matress on the floor. I felt better when I slept there for some reason. As far as when I dialied I was 34 or 36 weeks, cause I delivered a month early which is normal but the girls had to stay in the NICU for almost a month. Everything went normally they said for a twin preg. I also had the girls vag.
    twinsareus2005

Answer by twinsareus2005 at 2:03 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• So yes I had twins at 36.5 weeks a few days before my c-section. I remember the heart beating thing, it would scare me, because I could not stop it. I remember the doctor saying it was normal. But I would contact your Doctor and ask them what things you can do about it. I remember at my 20 week amnio I had it really bad so I don't think it is a sign of labor.
    Good luck...twins are the best!
    Lisa
    www.bumpfashion.com
    bumpfashion

Answer by bumpfashion at 5:37 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• well when i was having twins i started to have pain at 6 months, i was already 4cm dilated and it was so painful because i had never felt so much pressure in my pelvic area, both of my babies were head down so you know how much pain that was. but i was put in bed rest in the hospital for the remaining of my pregnancy. the hospital beds was nice because it reclines so try one. i gave birth at 39 weeks full term by the grace of god.
    lovemy5bless

Answer by lovemy5bless at 6:56 PM on Jul. 6, 2008