what to do if you want to cry but...

you cant be alone ?

for the last few weeks I just feel like crying... I think it would do me alot of good, I am just very stressed out .... but I cant do it unless i do it in front of my kids, which I dont want to do... I cant even go lock myself in the bathroom becuase they both beat on the door and scream for me... I have tried several times to stay up after they go to bed but they know I am awake and get out of bed too .... I would in the mornings before they get up, but my husband is awake then too

2lilbumblebees

Asked by 2lilbumblebees at 11:39 PM on Dec. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Have someone watch your kids for an hour or two so you can relax a little by yourself.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 11:42 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I try to put that energy into physical activity, or I meditate. Can you go for a quick jog, or to the gym? I used to go to a gym that had lots of boxing stuff, and I miss taking out my aggression and emotions on the bag. Maybe in the morning when DH is still home and awake, he can let you leave for 30 minutes?
    If you can't get alone time, can you exercise at home with them there? DS loves to do my Jillian Michaels workout with me. Or you can take them outside and do physical stuff with them, like Frisbee or play ball.
    I hope this helps. It's SO hard dealing with bottled up emotions. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:43 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• I don't think there is anything wrong with crying in front of your kids occasionally. I think it teaches them that even grownups have bad days and you will be surprised at the compassion your little ones will have. If you do end up crying around them, make sure to tell them that mommy is worried or stressed today and that you still love them and that you are okay, you just needed to cry a bit. Remind them that sometimes when they have a bad day they cry too.

Big hugs!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:45 PM on Dec. 12, 2010

• you on line now so i give you my shoulder to cry on i will pat you ask to let all out the kids your hubby they drive you up the wall
    and if they just could leave you alone for one moment so you can have some me time ,know just in case you that my shoulder won't work for you just ask hubby hey can you watch the kids while take a bath and have alone time ,let your heart out ,because we woman need
    to let all come out
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:55 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I cry in front of my daughter. My husband is military and when he leaves/ is gone, I just have to cry sometimes. I don't feel the need to hide it from her.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:33 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I used to cry in the shower. It helped alot. Sometimes I would make dad stay with the kids while I walked around the block. Fresh air always helps too.
    booksandhooks

Answer by booksandhooks at 9:43 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• In the shower. But, ya know what...sadness is a part of life. As long as you don't scare them, I say go ahead and tear up. If they ask, tell them mommys get sad just like kids do.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:21 AM on Dec. 13, 2010