I understand It's hard for a mother,

to accept another woman into her child's life, but why must she bash me to the baby and make him come over here and say things like he doesnt love me anymore, and that step moms are ugly and nasty?? I'm heartbroken :[....

Tiffanyyyyleee

Asked by Tiffanyyyyleee at 12:01 AM on Dec. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'm sorry, but hang in there. Hopefully she will accept you sooner or later. It takes time for a mom to accept that there is another woman in her baby's life that is a mother figure.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:03 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• thank you, idk what to do anymore. i do everything possible for him and she just continues to tell her family she thinks i beat him. im just completly flabbergasted at her approach to all this i mean she said she needs to take baby steps and get used to the fact of it but the way i see it is like, your the mother there should be no baby steps for you you decided to have a child put your big girl panties on and realize im a good person sometimes its ohkay to put your pride asside as long as her child is complelty happy why cant she be?
    Tiffanyyyyleee

Comment by Tiffanyyyyleee (original poster) at 12:05 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Im sorry as well, My opinion is just lay low and treat the baby right, and in time the baby will see for thier self that you are a good mom and eventually no matter what the other mom says they will eventually learn to love you them self no matter what others tell them.... it wont be over night but patience really does pay off.
    EliasMommyDec09

Answer by EliasMommyDec09 at 12:08 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• thats what my bf keeps saying but being so young, sometimes is easy for me to get upset with the baby not like yell at him or anything but i allow his mothers words to just crush me, plus i want my own baby and hes not quite ready for that yet so it makes it a little harder on me, to love someone elses child...it makes me wonder how much i could actually care for my own...
    Tiffanyyyyleee

Comment by Tiffanyyyyleee (original poster) at 12:10 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• It is a way to manipulate and hurt you. Don;t let him or the mother know how much it hurts you. If you play it off as no big deal, it will stop happening, maybe not for a while, but eventually when he realizes how mean and hurtful it is.

When he says something mean to you, say... " I am sorry you feel that way today, but I still love you. Maybe you will feel differently tomorrow".

People can only hurt you if you let them.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:12 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• not all step mom's are bad but there ones that don't now how to be mothers ,so they say mean things to hurt you and your child
    they are jealous that you are his mom and not her because she will always be his step mom and nothing more
    the best way you can talk to your child what ever any one says i always love no matter what ,i will be here for good times and the bad
    that what true mother does loves their child no matter what and next time you hear some thing bad from your step mom tell dad
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:12 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• well i am the step mom, its his mother saying these things to him
    Tiffanyyyyleee

Comment by Tiffanyyyyleee (original poster) at 12:15 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I'm sorry, I don't have any advice, as I'm not in the same situation (and hopefully never will be), but I could not imagine trying to poison my child against the other "mother" in his life. I'm so sorry she is doing that. Have you tried talking to your husband about it?
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 12:26 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• She probably doesn't want her son to hear that you're a better mother than she is. She's also hoping to turn him against you. But what she doesn't realize is that she shouldn't be saying things like that in front of her child. It's not fair to him because she is putting him in the middle. You should get his father to talk to her about that, it's his place to do it.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:27 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• She sounds like she may be young or a little imature, its hard I know Ive been there she shouldnt bash you though, did you and her have a history? Like did he leave you for her is she intimadated by you?
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 8:40 PM on Dec. 13, 2010