I'm desperate and want to know if this has ever actually worked

I am desperate when it comes to the issues with my son.

So what I want to know is has someone ever actually taken their child to an ER and flat out told them you aren't leaving til you get answers and it actually work?

Mipsy

Asked by Mipsy at 12:05 AM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Answers about what?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:06 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• The emergency room is not the place to get answers to ongoing medical questions. What are the medical issues? It sounds like you need to find a specialist. Hard to say what kind of specialist because we do not know what the medical issues are.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:13 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Well at the moment the issues is loosing weight, bloody stools, and seizures getting worse. And he sees 3 different specialists and no one has any idea what it wrong and has undergone a ton of tests with no answers! It's been suggested numerous times to just go and demand answers but really, has that ever really worked? kwim?
    Mipsy

Comment by Mipsy (original poster) at 12:16 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I don't think that the ER would be the place I'd go to try and find answers. Often (not always), the docs there aren't trained to deal with complicated issues - they will probably refer you to a specialist.

Call the doctors your son has been seeing. Demand answers from them. If there is no solution, find another doctor.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:42 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Perhaps you need a second or third opinion? Or maybe you need a different kind of specialist to add to the team? Sometimes fresh eyes on the problem are all you need. Good luck momma.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:51 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Call & talkj to the Drs that your son has been seeing and demand an appointment NOW
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 7:34 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I agree this is a conversation w/ the specialists. ER doctors are more trained for trauma situations.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 8:23 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Get second opinions. Find new doctors and new specialists. Keep digging until you get answers.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 8:24 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• No, because it is not the ER's job to find out what is wrong, it is a doctor or speicalists job. The ER is to stabilize people. Get a second opinion from a specialist. ER's are for traumas and emergencies.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:30 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Sorry, but I agree that the ER doctors won't know more than the specialists. :(
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:40 PM on Dec. 13, 2010