I'm desperate and want to know if this has ever actually worked

I am desperate when it comes to the issues with my son.

So what I want to know is has someone ever actually taken their child to an ER and flat out told them you aren't leaving til you get answers and it actually work?

Mipsy

Asked by Mipsy at 12:06 AM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I've never done that, but what's going on with your son that you aren't getting an answer?
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 12:10 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• well no I havent done that wiht my child... you sure could try it. now if something you have already went in for and they sent you away I dont know how they would be able to change their diagnoses. but if they havent told you what was wrong than you know.
    EliasMommyDec09

Answer by EliasMommyDec09 at 12:11 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• badgirl, well there is a lot. Most recently they have no idea why my son has blood in his stool and why he even has seizures or why they are becoming more frequent and longer. He is also loosing weight.
    Mipsy

Comment by Mipsy (original poster) at 12:13 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• go to a different hopital. maybe they will know something differnet.
    EliasMommyDec09

Answer by EliasMommyDec09 at 12:18 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• i would see another doctor right way fight for your son
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:21 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Blood in his stool?!?!?!? Get to a hospital and tell them JUST THAT! They will understand that you are scared and upset and frustrated. Hopefully they will help you or tell you of someone who can.

Do you have a children's hospital near you or within driving distance? I know we have one 2 hours from us and if my child was having these isssues I'd drive there!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 12:21 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• He goes to a children's hospital. That is where his specialists are. His doctors know he is having blood in his stool and ran a ton of tests and can't find any reason behind it. Which is why I am desperate right now cuz something is wrong and no one knows why! They did a colonoscopy and endoscopy recently to find the cause of the blood (it isn't constant by the way, but regardless it is happening) and they found NOTHING! Which totally stunned his doctor but we hadn't seen the blood in a couple weeks til today and it is back.
    Mipsy

Comment by Mipsy (original poster) at 12:31 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Take him to another hospital. Maybe he needs to see a specialist?...Or someone that deals with these types of issues and knows more about them. There are doctors that are more knowledgeable about these types of issues and may have another answer, than that of regular doctors...Have you tried a specialist?..Or a different specialist?
    gogogirl79

Answer by gogogirl79 at 1:07 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• He sees a pediatric gastroenterologist, pulmonologist, and neurologist regularly. We have switched pulmonologists already and we are happy with him. I like our neurologist but just am not sure since the epilepsy is new. And the GI doctor I want a new one and am looking for a new one.
    Mipsy

Comment by Mipsy (original poster) at 1:25 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Have they tested for food allergies or Eosinophilic esophagitis
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 11:52 AM on Dec. 13, 2010