is this normal?

i had my tubes tied monday(dec6th) and i had some small bruising they went in through my belly button and a lil below my hair line but anyways now i have a HUGE bruise (looks like i got hit with a softball) and its black and red and some purple in color well if you feel where the bruise is theres a hard knote there about as big as a softbal as well and my whole stomach is swolling i am still in ALOT of pain and the pain meds are not working anymore and im out now but i was wondering if this is normal to be this swolling and hurting this bad.....the bruise that was there to start with wasnt even 1/4 of how bug it is now and it was very light in color but now its crazy......any advice?? or how to help with pain??

Mommmy_To_3

Asked by Mommmy_To_3 at 12:29 AM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Health

• Call your doc... now! Do you have any fever or red streaks around the bruising? Those are signs of infection.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:32 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I've never had tubes tied, but I did have a c-section and my cut started doing that too. It was an infection. Have you had any fevers or chills? I would say go to the ER and have it checked out. Be prepared though, cause you'll be there awhile.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 12:32 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• chills yes fever im not sure havent taking my temp to say yes or no to.....
    Mommmy_To_3

Comment by Mommmy_To_3 (original poster) at 12:32 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Since you have had the chills too, I would go to the ER! Tonight!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:37 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I agree with SleepingBeautee- you need to call your doctor- i had my Tubes Tied; it has been a long time ago but, i don't remember having anything like that & i had just had my son the day before i had them tied- Something doesn't sound right........ Hope you feel better:)

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 12:39 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• thank you all very much!! i had them tied 3 weeks after my son was born(hospital rules they dont do any form of birth control or circumsison SPELLING sry) but i think im gana go to the ER better safe than sorry right??
    Mommmy_To_3

Comment by Mommmy_To_3 (original poster) at 12:42 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Yes! Much better to be safe than sorry, You have babies that need you. Please update us when you can.

Take care!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:45 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I agree with every body and I noticed your going to the ER but, I was just gonna let you know that I've had 20 surgeries; and the bruising and hard knots are normal. Infact the knot's usually stick around for a while, it is also normal to have a slight fever but only a slight. Either way, I agree it is always best to be safe and get checked out! Hope it goes well & keep us updated.
    Hope4Teal

Answer by Hope4Teal at 4:23 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I don't know anything about that kind surgery but given what and where I concur about safety and hope it alle nds well.
    I do know that bruises can develope over time. My husband got bitten pretty hard one time and on the day of there was just the little teeth marks that went away like normal and though nothing of it. About three days later though he had this huge bruise that just kept growin gand getting darker for like a week or week and half it stayed that way then gradually went away. Nothing bad just the bruise took time to surface for some reason.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 11:56 AM on Dec. 13, 2010