What are some good foods that an adult eat after a tondilectomy(tonsils removed)?

vroberts3677

Asked by vroberts3677 at 12:33 AM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Health

• i had my hubby warm me up some chicken broth and out it in a coffe cup it was AMAZING i couldnt do the cold thing that stung to bad but the warm liquids gave me some relief.....good luck!!
    Mommmy_To_3

Answer by Mommmy_To_3 at 12:35 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Ice cream! thats all I can think of! None of my family was born with tonsils so IDK what to do in that situation! mashed potatoes maybe?
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 12:35 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• also keep peperments with you or any hard candy you like it will help keep your mouth moist
    Mommmy_To_3

Answer by Mommmy_To_3 at 12:50 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Dairy products stick to the sores left behind after the tonsils are removed. Broths, jello, popsicles, etc. Advance as tolerated, but thicker foods like ice cream, pudding, yogurt should wait about a week or so. I learned that the hard way.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:24 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Don't pass up a great opportunity to eat all the ice cream, sherbet, sorbet, gellato that you can!
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 1:55 PM on Dec. 14, 2010