My baby has TEETH YAY!! Q...

My little ones two bottom teeth FINALLY (she'll be 8 months next week) popped out this morning... she is taking to spoon fed food more than the bottle..

Should I get some orajel for her gums since the teeth finally broke skin?

My sis in law is a dental assistant and is totally against orajel.

What do you all think??

ZoeKatsMom

Asked by ZoeKatsMom at 2:33 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you could but i use PURE vanilla extract...it helps the pain without numbing the throat.....
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 2:35 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Vanilla-really, never heard of that. I actually am highly sensitive to the scent of vanilla, it makes me nauseas.

Sorry for the huge spaces between my question btw..
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 2:39 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Everyone does it differently. I had a neighbor tell me that someone that he knew rubbed Ouzo on the baby's gums when they were teething. I would never do it. I tried Orajel on 2 of my children. After the 1st time, they fought me on it. The numbing effect doesn't last too long. If the pain seemed to bother my children, I gave them Tylenol. Also, they love it when you move their ears in a circular motion.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 3:18 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• What is Ouzo?
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 3:26 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I totally swear by Gentle Naturals Homeopathic teething drops!! You can find them at Target. They are chammomile based, so they have a great overall calming effect on my son. He knows the bottle and will stop crying and suck the drops right out of the dropper when he sees them! There is a tablet form too, but I've never tried that. But if she doesn't fuss, I would just leave her alone. Even if something is all natural, there's no sense giving her anything if she doesn't need it.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 4:07 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• If her teeth already broke through, you shouldn't need oragel. Oragel is for the the irritation before the braking through of the teeth. At least that's what I though.
    LilLegs

Answer by LilLegs at 4:21 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Try hylands teething tablets or just tylenol if she seems uncomfotable
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:05 PM on Nov. 7, 2008