I need a CHEAP meal that is also HEALTHY that will feed 6 adults and 3 small children for dinner tomorrow!!

Any ideas?

I prefer casserole type stuff but I'm up for anything. My dad is doing weight watcher so it needs to be healthy while also be cost efficent.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• how about veggie soup? 1 can of various veggies (no salt, low sodium). You can have peas, corn, green beans, kidney beans, anything you want really. And then pour in some 100% chicken stock with NO MSG and some basil and garlic and there ya go.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 12:48 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Spaghetti made with ground turkey instead of beef, whole wheat noodles, and low fat sauce.
    Mellisa_Gross

Answer by Mellisa_Gross at 12:49 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Why not tacos? Ground beef (cheap for family size usually can find on sale), lettuce and tomato (healthy), he doesn't have to do the cheese and soft tortillas not made with refined flour.
    DeeMomOfFour

Answer by DeeMomOfFour at 12:52 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• veggie lasagna(spelling sry) its healthy and cheap!! and make a side salad or small bowl of soup to go with it!!
    Mommmy_To_3

Answer by Mommmy_To_3 at 12:55 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Black beans and brown rice with lettuce, tomato and cheese (perhaps tortillas to tie it together)...huge servings of protein, fiber and more for under $10.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 12:59 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Have you got anything at all on hand?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:08 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Btw...go to the store, get the cheapest package of meat you can...whatever's on sale...and go from there. I just got a ham for 1.69 a lb.. ten meals for five people for less than 14.00, plus holy easy, batman.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:09 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Shephards pie!!
    DiandraBryant07

Answer by DiandraBryant07 at 1:25 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I agree with the tacos idea. Only instead of beef use ground turkey. It's better all around and a heck of alot cheaper than beef most of the time. Plus you can buy whole wheat tortillas.
    There's also the option of just doing a big salad with all the fixings including turkey or chicken. Just leave out the cheese and croutons.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 4:20 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Cheesy Chicken Rice casserole
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 5:47 PM on Dec. 13, 2010