non stop stabbing pains down below????

ok i started having sharp pains in my pelvis all the way down to my vagina, it wasn't to sore to begin with but now its really really sore, its been happening for the last hour in waves. what could this be?i am 40weeks today

otoole

Asked by otoole at 1:13 AM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• This is an excerpt from babyandpregnancy.com

In later pregnancy, Braxton-Hicks contractions may cause some pain. These contractions, which are irregular tightenings of the uterus, can occur from early pregnancy, but most women don't notice them until the latter half. They're generally started of by either you or the baby moving, or if someone touches your stomach. It's a normal part of pregnancy, but can feel very odd. If you're concerned or the contractions become more frequent, talk to your doctor.

If you are certain these are not cramps....I would go to the hospital asap!
    gogogirl79

Answer by gogogirl79 at 1:26 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• If you are having them every 3-5 minutes, go to the hospital. It sounds like labor if they are regular. Also even if they are not exactly the same time apart as long as they are all coming in the 3-5 minute range, then go in.

Good luck! Happy pushing :D
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:55 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Well, you are due so I would say head to the hospital and have them check you!! Every woman starts labor differntly and feels different about their contractions. I say go to that hospitla and have that baby!! :)
    rbailey2414

Answer by rbailey2414 at 10:53 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• soudns like you need to go in and be checked. good luck
    stevynjjsmoma

Answer by stevynjjsmoma at 5:42 PM on Dec. 13, 2010