Death tax-for or against, and why?

What I'm looking at...

http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/12/10/death-tax-could-deliver-stinging-blow-small-business

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 1:41 AM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• definitely would hurt small business. seems to me that no one should accept a tax.. going from zero to 45 percent. that is just ridiculous. why almost 50 percent... i would say no go
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 1:53 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Death tax is the government taking because they can. No justifiction for this type of federally mandated theft.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:16 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• from the article: in discussing land- "It looks like you're worth a lot of money on paper, but you're not rich, you don't have money in the bank, all your money is tied up in your business."
    ~And a family would have to pay tax on this land because of liberal definition of "wealth". Total Bs.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:20 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• It's thievery plain and simple.  How is it right for the damn gvt just to take someones legacy they have worked for and left their loved ones?  It's sickening, this admin knows right from wrong but they don't care.  Madness is ruling D.C...

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 2:42 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Goes back to the very idea that the people in Washington don't give a shit about us, all they really want is to get their greedy, grubby little fingers on as much money as they can.......because THEY know what to do with it and how to spend it!! Just look how wonderfully well they have done with it so far!!! Well, ya can't blame them, after all, they have banks to pay off, car companys to buy, Insurance companys to reward, $400. hammers to buy, Nancy still has a few more days of flying time that needs paid. They got their own little setup of retirement and health care scam to pay for, bridges to build, flowers to plant, airports to build, (speaking of airports, somebody has to get paid to feel up all those old grandma's and young kids so we can be safe on airplanes), trips overseas to take, people to payoff!! My goodness that all takes money ya know!!!
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 3:34 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Against. The people pay taxes all their lives and after they die the government has its hand out one last time.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 6:39 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Completely against it. If I have to hear my lawyer say it's a good thing my father died in 2010 instead of 2011 I am going to scream! I can see where he is coming from, but it's still not right to take a huge chunk of someone's estate after they die. Especially since the deceased more than likely paid taxes their entire working life.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:21 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Against! All of the above.. it's pure BS.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:26 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Against. Completely against. That money was taxed already, so a government double-dip is absolutely disgusting.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:31 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Against. The irony is that the very rich will set up trusts or other financial vehicles to avoid the majority of tax, so they, as always, will be fine. The people who will get hit are people who are actually middle class - whatever their assets look like on paper.

BTW - I'd be called a "Lib" by a lot of people here. I keep waiting to be called a "Mod"
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 7:45 AM on Dec. 13, 2010