Hey my baby is 2 months old and everytime i lay him down he sleeps for about 15 to 20 mins, and he wakes up! even at night wen its time for bed

could you give me some tips on wat i should do.

brayMOM512

Asked by brayMOM512 at 1:51 AM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe try a later bedtime...or maybe even a earlier one! Maybe try increasing his food a bit more too! Do you swaddle? Binki? Maybe he wants to be close to you if he isnt. Maybe he needs to be in his own room with no disturbances.....
    JakesCupcake

Answer by JakesCupcake at 1:58 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• hes only two months old... to young to get them on a schedule... look on the bright side.. you dont have 7 week old twins that stay up from 11pm-6am... no joke
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 2:05 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Mine used to wake up at least 3-4 times at night. make him sleep when he really wants to,other wise this will continue
    A11

Answer by A11 at 4:43 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Swaddling may help. Some babies wake themselves up when they move suddenly while asleep. He may also benefit from a Sleep Sheep (makes ocean or rain noises for about 40 minutes while they are going to sleep). You may also want to try a bedtime routine. He is too young for a set schedule, but would probably benefit from a bedtime routine. Something that triggers in his brain that it is sleep time. We usually did a bath, followed by putting on pjs, a feeding, a prayer, and then to bed with the Sleep Sheep. When they would wake up in the middle of the night, we'd start from the feeding point and do the exact same thing each time we put them to bed.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 10:56 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Swaddle him. But he's normal.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:00 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Co-sleep. He'll sleep better next to you.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 12:26 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I agree with fancyjane, that's what I did with mine. Swaddle, we used a hearbeat bear for my oldest 4 and my youngest has a My First Violet by Leapfrog but same idea - they all make soothing noises, and a routine.

Answer by missanc at 12:32 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• try swaddling and if that doesn't quite work, wrap him in a shirt of yours, one you have already worn so it will have your smell on it. It may make him feel like you are close by.
    ErinT

Answer by ErinT at 12:41 PM on Dec. 13, 2010