Since finding out im pregnant my boyfriend has been hanging out with friends more than usual.

i found out i was pregnant 4 weeks ago my boyfriend has been hanging out with his friends more than he usualy does, and has been choosing them over me. when i talked to him about it he said he didn't even realise he was doing it that he was just so overwhelmed and thought that since he soon wouldn't be able to go out or hang out with his friends so he should do it now why he still can.

he says he loves me and he wants our relationship more than anything what i don't understand is that if thats true why is he choosing them over me, i understand and agree with the need to see his friends but not all the time so that he never sees me.

what should i do is this just a phase? or is it only going to get worse?

aarter

Asked by aarter at 1:53 AM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• He obviously is a little nervous.. remind him that even though you guys are having a baby.. life isnt over.... take turns watching the baby.... like my husband and I have twins and every two weeks one of us goes out with ours friends while the other stays home with the kids and we keep taking turns... and when we are reallyyyy lucky, we talk a family member into watching them so we can both go out ;-)

just talk to him calmly, share your worries and work out a solution... it's not the end of the world...
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 2:01 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• p.s. I wouldnt worry to much unless its becoming a severe problem... as in.. not coming home till 5am, not answering your phone calls, etc....
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 2:02 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Only time will tell, maybe he is feeling like if he wont have time to hang out w/them once the baby is born,i think thats normal for a guy to feel that way, by him letting you know why he is out w/them it seems like if he wants u to understand him as well, gl.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 2:03 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I think this is normal. Most guys freak out a little when they find out they're going to be a daddy. It is such a big responsibility and hopefully he is just spending time with his friends now because in 36 weeks, he'll be home w/ you and his baby.

One of my friends said to me that a woman becomes a mother the minute she finds out she's pregnant, but a man becomes a dad the day his baby is born. I don't totally agree, but it is kind of true.

Give him some space to hang out with his friends while he can. From his response, it sounds like he's going to be there for you 100% when the baby comes.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 7:04 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• It sounds like a phase to me, just try and let him no what your feelings are. If he didn't realize it he probably isn't doing it on purpose. If he keeps doing it though I would have a serious talk with him about his priorities.
    bellsandheels

Answer by bellsandheels at 10:54 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• It sounds pretty normal to me. Let him get comfortable with the idea of being a father. You asked and he gave you an honest answer. No need to worry yet. See what happens as you get closer to the due date.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:34 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• id say hes just scared and feels he is gonna have to become a family man so decided to live it up now.
    loomis6

Answer by loomis6 at 7:45 PM on Dec. 13, 2010