How do I get my faith back with God?

I just feel like I have lost my faith with God and don't know how to get it back...any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• prayer help me to come back. you can ask for someone to come into your life to help you. i believe that god answers our prayers through others who felt his touch and somehow find that person that needs it. your the one who needs found. so pray to him and ask him to help you. he will answer in due time. also maybe going to church. also what helps me is going to the mormon temple. you may not be mormon but lets set that aside. there is peace there that could comfort your trouble heart and mind. so maybe go there to pray. although in your house is good enough. just remember to let anyone in cause they may be sent from god. if he sends someone to rescue you then don't shut them out.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:50 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I would start by praying. Ask God for forgivness, and ask Him for help, help to get you back on the right track. God will help you if you ask for it. I think its wonderful to want to get your relationship back with him. And going to church will also help, there is so many people who would love to help you, and it may be easier for you if you do talk to someone at church about it.
    cmjt

Answer by cmjt at 3:23 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Look into urself and u willl feel the need to search for the truth.........try to pray that u get ur faith back.......ask God to help u find the truth......may God b with u....
    Anonymous

• Ah. I've walked that road. The first step is to understand WHY you lost that faith in the first place. I've gone through a few crises of faith in my life. As so many people do, I could not understand why bad things happen if there is a good God in heaven.

But bad things DO happen. Entropy increases; it's the Second Law of Thermodynamics. Things don't stay the same. That doesn't erase the good that's out there, and I decided I needed to take the "glass is half full" approach to life.

My other, ongoing crisis isn't one of faith in God but faith in religious institutions. I find myself disappointed by them over and over again. I had to decide that church wasn't going to get in the way of my relationship with God. I haven't given up hope yet; I still visit churches in hopes of finding one that doesn't disappoint with hypocrisy, intolerance and illogic. Haven't gotten there yet.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:03 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Get down on your hands and knees and pray, pray hard, and pray as if you are talking face to face with God. If the belief and the faith was there once, it has only dwindled I don't believe it every really goes away.
    bethysmiles29

Answer by bethysmiles29 at 4:25 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• "Seek, and you will find." God has a way of sending people that build your faith, but oftentimes you just have to look at the little miracles around you. They're everywhere. He loves YOU. You may have a hard time believing in Him, but He still believes in you. Sounds crazy, but I think that's what I'm supposed to tell you.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 4:57 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Get back in church and under the teaching and preaching of God's word. Daily Bible Reading, Active Prayer life.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 6:00 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• You need to just trust God. did something happen resently? He works in ways that make no sense. I've gone through many trials and I held on tight and through it I grow in my walk. Trust by faith and persever. Read Jerm 29:11.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 8:35 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Fasting, prayer, meditating on God's word. In short, draw near to God and He will draw near to you. (James 4:8)
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 8:48 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Search yourself, perhaps you are coming to the conclusion there is no God. Look into Atheism. I used to be just like you, on my hands and knees crying rivers of tears searching, begging, pleading with god to help me find faith. Guess what? Never got an answer. I came to conclusion there is no god and I'm happier and more at peace with myself then I ever was as a Christian.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Nov. 8, 2008