Who Sells on Ebay?

Wanting to know the details about selling on ebay?
How do you you get your items? (Toys and Clothes) (Second Hand Stores??)

Thinking about doing this, but I would like to know if anyone out there has had a good experience with selling on Ebay!.

Thank you

HANNAHSMOMMY25

Asked by HANNAHSMOMMY25 at 2:04 AM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• I started out selling on eBay by listing the items I no longer needed in my home. We also own businesses, so I got rid of some of the outdated stuff as well. I shop at thrift stores, garage sales and antique stores anyway, so if I find something awesome, I usually buy it, clean it up and resell it, YES. I have competition around here though because there are several childrens' resale shops that do the same thing, looking for children's items. LOL! Anyway, it's business, it's how the resale shops work too. I love selling on eBay. If you need further information, there is a tab on the eBay page on the upper right side called Community, there you will find the forums and the answer center. It will tell you everything you ever wanted to know about eBay.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:59 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• The only thing I've sold on Ebay are my old Coach purses and cell phone to help pay for new ones. I don't sell that much. Sorry I wasn't that much help.

Best Wishes!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 2:32 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Yes, I do well with selling. I also forgot to mention that items you see marked down on clearance racks at Target and such, those are the items that are going to be in demand, so to speak, because people like them and can't get them anymore. Those items, you want to buy. I have a favorite Blog that helps me out, she lists the popular items you need to find and sell: eBay Selling Coach

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:03 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Check out Ebay's FAQs. It should answer a lot of your questions. I have sold in the past, mostly maternity and baby stuff we no longer needed. We just opened up an account for our business and will be selling excess inventory.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:58 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I've been selling on ebay for almost 11 years. Thesedays I sell mostly used clothing. What isn't my own kids outgrown clothes I get at Thrift Stores, Yard Sales, Consignment shops/sales and craigslist. In baby/kids I stick mainly with gymboree, ralph lauren, hanna andersson and janie and jack. In adults mostly just Ralph Lauren but if I come across other designer brands i'll get them. I sometimes dabble in collectibles, books and toys as well if I find decent things.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:04 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• My daughter sells on ebay. She lists the item and then puts a good description. You have to open up a pay pal account.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:33 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• You don't have to have a paypal account, though it's the easiest and I think cheapest online payment option that ebay allows you to accept. But you can go with propay and a few others
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:09 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I have an Ebay account and paypal already. I was just looking for some advice is all. I shop that second hand stores alot and thought this was a good way to make some extra money when i come across cute things. I have a 4 year old daughter that will outgrow things and I could sell and also have son due in April. I love shopping at second hand stores. Thanks for the help ladies.
    HANNAHSMOMMY25

Comment by HANNAHSMOMMY25 (original poster) at 12:40 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I have sold a lot of things on eBay........personal possesions because we needed the money. I know people who go to nice stores at clearance time which is right after Christmas for winter items and July for summer items. They get the better brand clothes dirt cheap and then sell them on eBay.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:42 PM on Dec. 15, 2010