Is it ok to take a 2 month old to the beach?

will they get sick? I would not let here go in the water just stay on the beach so the rest of the fam can play. Is it safe?

Shel6

Asked by Shel6 at 6:50 AM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I brought my little guy when he was about that old. Slathered in lots of sunscream with a little hat and in a stroller with a canopy.Make sure he is hydrated and stays that way. I'd take the baby out and dip his little legs in to the water and his toes into the sand even if only for a minute or two.It is a tactile experiance.Everytime baby gets to do something new he forms brain conections.Go for it and have fun!
    electricblue

Answer by electricblue at 8:26 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• go for it there is nothing wrong with taking your baby to do family this with yall make sure you put alot of sunscreen on him and keep him cool. i took my dd to the beach and sat at the edge of the wake w her she loved it
    rachel_07

Answer by rachel_07 at 9:36 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Keep babe shaded and cool. Shouldn't be a problem
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I took mine at about that age and it was great. We held him or kept him in his carseat under an umbrella. I tried to take him at about 10 months and it was a disaster. He wouldn't stay on a blanket or in a chair. He kept eating sand. I say take yours now and enjoy your day at the beach because you won't be able to enjoy it in a few months.
    MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 12:41 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• it's ok to take your baby to the beach just make sure you have protection from the sun and the babies playpen with a net to keep the insects out.shade shade.......
    smiley_36

Answer by smiley_36 at 1:52 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• yes. take an umbrella.. if she cant sit up she may be a little bored..but bring her toys
    Tammyra

Answer by Tammyra at 2:51 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Why not just keep the baby under an umbrella. But if the baby starts to get over heated its best that you get them into some air conditioning so they dont get heat exhaustion
    mommy102002

Answer by mommy102002 at 4:53 PM on Jul. 6, 2008