So odd..

my almost 2 year old has never gotten sick while alseep but tonight when he did he didn't even cry or anything so assuming it happened in his sleep. Is it normal for a toddler to not wake up after throwing up? He has been coughing all night long, but there is an awful tummy bug going around. He was around one of the lil girls from our church the day before she got it on saturday and now he has thrown up. Of course I work at a daycare and know the difference between just got sick from coughing and sickly throw up...gross I know but there is a difference.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wouldn't think so, cause I know I would wake up when I threw up. My 2 yr old daughter is also sick chest cold I think. I feel really out my depth with this thats for sure. My daughter woke up when she threw up though, but again she was coughing when she did that IK think woke her up. Is he running a temp? U check to see if there was anymore of that stuff in his mouth?
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:39 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• no that really isn't normal but he may have been tired do to caughing and keeping himself up all night.. so it may not of fased him... but poor baby i hope he feels better soon.... camomile tea with honey will sooth his tummy and throat.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 2:53 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• DS did that when he had some stomach bug. He only woke up sometimes.
    I hope your little guy feels better soon!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:45 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• My son has done this too.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:13 PM on Dec. 13, 2010