What is the best baby formula?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used Similac and it made Kaylee throw up.

She uses the Emfamil Gentlease and does really well on it.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:40 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I started on Similac because its what my hospital provided but now I recieve WIC and they will only give me Enfamil. My daughter does so much better on it! It makes her very regular but clumps alot more than Similac and is therefore harder to prepare. Those are the two main brands though. Both offer soy and gentle options if you are having a hard time.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 2:43 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Good Start. My babe had surgery that makes her highly suceptable to acid reflux.. we went through:
    Enfamil- stinky, thick, expensive, lots of gas, tastes gross.

Similac- explosive diareah, thick, stinky, tastes gross.

Then tried Good Start at the suggestion of my best friend (mom of 3) and my doctor. We use the DHA/ARA. I love it, smells, tastes, and is the consistency more like breastmilk. :)

Yes, I have tasted everything I feed my baby, including my own milk in the beginning.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 2:45 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• If you read the story of Good Start, supposedly it was the FIRST breast milk replacement ever. :)
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 2:46 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• alawys used enfamil, if you look online you can get monthly coupons as well.
    i used enfamil with iron, as she got older they have enfamil next step
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 2:49 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Good start. When my babies were on it and would spit up. It didnt stain their clothes like other formulas do. What does that tell you? Plus my doc recomended Good start. It seems easier on the belly
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 2:55 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• We used the lactose free target brand with DHA/ALA brand for our daughter, and we use the regular parents choice walmart brand with DHA/ALA formula for our son...if you read the nutritional info, both are the same as the expensive brands (FDA standards for formula are pretty strict), but $11 for a big can, compared to $20-something for Enfamil or Simalac.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 2:55 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• i would say similac advance, my baby did not have any issues with it.
    sprtchic13

Answer by sprtchic13 at 3:14 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Good Start=Nestle

Nestle has thousands of slaves, and kills babies in third world countries.

Boycott Nestle! http://www.babymilkaction.org/resources/boycott/nestlefree.html

If you HAVE to give your baby something other than mama's milk, why not an organic formula that's not full of artificial hormones?????

Rachelou

Answer by Rachelou at 3:27 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I used to get WIC when my children were babies. They gave me Enfamil Prosobee. Well with two of my children I used to run short because they ate so much. I would buy the WalMart Parents Choice brand and they loved it better than the Enfamil. It was like half the price as well so that was good for me. So Parents Choice from Wal Mart is our favorite.
    jlemaycox

Answer by jlemaycox at 8:41 PM on Nov. 7, 2008