how do i fig what toys to keep in my 3 yrs old toy box?

i am so tired of cleaning my 3 yrs room he takes out all the toys in his toy box and he would help put it back but i am tired of do this every night before bedtime... so how do you know how many toys to keep in the box? and what should i do with the other toys? or should i switch them like evr month?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in General Parenting

• I would keep the ones that he plays with the most, and yes alternate toys every couple of weeks or month so he doesnt get bored playing with the same ones all the time.
    chloe_romano

Answer by chloe_romano at 2:45 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I bought totes and keep certain toys in there that were always all over the floor and put them in the top of the closet my 3 year old asked for them down today actually. And seems to appreciate  them more that way. Plus keeps the room cleaner

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 2:50 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I agree. Keep some favorites and rotate them so they seem new again. It'll make the little one happy and keep he interested.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 2:59 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I had this problem a while back. They honestly don't miss toys you remove. Start with broken ones, and ones that are "baby" toys. Then get rid of the happy meal ones. If you start with those, you may find theres not a lot in there!
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 3:10 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• The little pieces are a problem in most toy boxes because it takes so long to pick them up and broken ones. Put the small ones in a baggie and put them on a shelf and when you get them out make sure you make it understood that they go back in the baggie when they are finished playing with them.
    As far as the other toys, watch to see which ones they play with the most. 4 or 5 or 10. I would sell the rest of them or put them away till they are tired of the ones they play with now. Keep a duffle bag in the closet for those you are saving or in the attic.
    My grandchildren hated cleaning up their bedroom so bad, they asked their mom to give all of their toys away or throw them in the garbage. She did! They play with pots and pans and empty boxes or play outside. They each have a baby doll they sleep with and that is it!
    coke2pep

Answer by coke2pep at 6:33 PM on Nov. 7, 2008