Your BOS (Kind of a survey because I'm bored, curious, and looking for new ways to organize mine lol)

What is it (like type of book, like a 3-ring binder)?
Mine is a binder.

How many sections do you have?
13 right now.

What are they?
I'm in the process of rearranging and reorganizing.

How frequently do you add to it?
Lately I've been adding to it at least weekly.

What's the biggest section?
I think mine is the section on deities right now.

How long have you had it?
I've only had this binder for a few months, but my BOS has been in the works for about 2 years.

How quickly did it grow at first?
Veeery slowly lol.

What are your newest additions?
I've only recently started adding things like my beliefs on reincarnation, deity, etc. I've also been adding some poetry and affirmations. I'm also adding recipes.

What do you plan to add to it?
I'm going to add more deity info, stuff about divination, etc.

What do you think are things that should be in most BOSs?
I think that whatever someone uses the most should be in their BOS, whether it's info on deities, tarot, moons, spells, rituals, herbs, etc. I think that pretty much EVERY BOS should contain it's owners personal beliefs or some statement that's important to them (like the Wiccan Rede, or the goals of a witch, their personal goals, etc.)

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 4:31 AM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have a HDoS...Hard Drive of Shadows
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:49 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Nope, no baby yet - We induce on Friday.

Now, to the question... I use 2 black hard cover 3-ring binders.
    One is for "technical" information and the other is purely personal - it didn't all fit together any more.

Sections? Well, the personal one has "Experiences" and personally written spells & rituals along with other "how too" information.
    The "Technical" one has history, myth & stories, Correspondence charts for stones, colors, herbs and other things, God/Goddess information, Recipes, "traditions", Sabbats/Esbat information, Sun & Moon tables, dates & information, Calendar and more that I can't think of...
    I also keep a Book of Mirrors for things like divination, dreams and day to day magickal journal...

I add to them as I need to. My BOM is added to almost daily. My personal BOS is added to as I write or experience & my technical is added to as I learn more information...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:50 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• How long did it take? Well, that's hard. I didn't start out forming a BOS, but once I had all the information that's what it became.
    What did I add last? My daily card drawing was last added to my BOM. Personal book had a new prayer added. Technical book had new information about Santa's origins.
    What do I hope to add? More daily updates, more myths, recipes, traditions and so on... I can't ever get enough info!

What should be in every BOS? Nothing. Each witch is different and so are her needs, interests, beliefs and traditions. What is needed for one is irrelevant for another. For example, most will say a copy of the Rede is a MUST, for me, it's not, because I'm not Wiccan. For me, I feel the God/Goddess information is huge, but for an Atheistic Witch that's useless... So I don't think there is anything out there that is a MUST - just what THAT witch needs and wants.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:57 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• What is it (like type of book, like a 3-ring binder)? I have 5 BOS's and they are all 3 ring binders and every page is in a sleeve
    How many sections do you have? I have them only separated by book.
    What are they? I have my personal book, my personal ritual book, and my traditions books for each degree.
    How frequently do you add to it? not very often..maybe once a year.
    What's the biggest section? my personal book is the largest.. a 5 inch binder and it is FULL
    How long have you had it? I have had my personal one for 15 years, my traditions came when I learned each degrees material and the ritual one is my newest.
    How quickly did it grow at first? fastest when I was in college
    What are your newest additions? my personalized version of my traditions outer court ritual
    What do you plan to add to it? I never know..
    What do you think are things that should be in most BOS? A copy of your basic ritual.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 9:29 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• My BOS is a Flex binder - pink - but I call it a Grimoire vs a BOS in 3 sections: I am also in the process of organizing and I have so much to add!!
    1) info, research, note I've taken (need to be broken down and org'ed
    2) things I want to learn/research more about
    3) reflections/journaling
    How frequently do you add to it? Not much in the last year ;o(
    What's the biggest section? reflections/journaling right now
    How long have you had it? about 2.5 years.
    How quickly did it grow at first? Fast at first, I dove in deep, need to bet back to building & org'ing it
    What are your newest additions? A list of books I want to read
    What do you plan to add to it? Tons of stuff: deities, tool info, my tools and why, my beliefs, things that interest me (crystals, etc)...
    What do you think are things that should be in most BOSs? The owners personal beliefs statement for sure

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:00 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I have one with another in the works,
    I have had it for the past 3 yrs now... they are black 3 ring binders
    with 3 spiral (different colored covers) notebooks in it...
    all titled differently ... such as Rituals/colors/candles and meanings/
    history of/Spells/Herbs and their purposes/ and outcomes of castings...
    the binder has pockets where I put spells/ritual notes into
    to save until I can get to them and put them into my book...
    And the reason behind the beginnings of BOS 2
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:25 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Wow, you really are bored... I don't have time but I'll be back later!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:38 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• LOL I really was, but I was also kind of curious, so instead of posting a ton of separate questions, I just made it into a sort of survey. Have you had your baby yet?
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 10:41 AM on Dec. 13, 2010