Is this constipation or something else?

I have been having cramping on and off for three days now. It is uncomfortable and reminds me of constipation, but for some reason, I don't think that's it. I bought stole softener and it hardly did a thing. I have pooed in the last three days, 2 or 3 times, btu I still FEEL like I have to poop and I still have pains and just feel uncomfortable..... should I be concerned? What coudl this be?

poweredbycarma

Asked by poweredbycarma at 5:03 AM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It could be many things,from an ovarian cyst to a condition known as irritable bowel syndrome (google it) to a passing intestinal bug of some sort.If it doesn't pass within a few more days I'd say it's time to see a doctor.
    daye62

Answer by daye62 at 9:49 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Cramping during pregnancy is pretty common. (Not severe cramping, just that minor uncomfortable cramping you might feel before you start your period). If it is early in your pregnancy, I'm guessing it is a growth spurt on the baby's part causing the cramping. If it is late in your pregnancy, it can be a sign of impending labor. My labors all started with a day or two of GI upset and cramping (like you need to go to the bathroom all the time) before going into full labor.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 11:19 AM on Dec. 13, 2010