Best diapers...

What are your favorite diapers?
Most absorbant?
Best leak protection?
Cutest pictures?
Cheapest?
Im trying to choose a new brand.

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 2:44 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What are your favorite diapers? cloth with wool soakers or microfleece covers

Most absorbant? huggies (but both of mine also get rashes with huggies)

Best leak protection? none of them, if they pee enough

Cutest pictures? neither of mine are old enough to care...and if they are still in diapers by the time they are old enough to care, please shoot me...its been too long... but you can get the cutest designs and even color coordinate in cloth diapers and covers

Cheapest? cloth (or the off-brands and Luv's if you are talking disposable)
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 3:03 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I love huggies so far they are all the above!! I just recently tried luvs and I don't like them....they must be they diapers from that "if your baby is a brick commercial" totally square
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 2:47 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I love Pampers Baby Dry. They have the best leak protection, IMO. I tried Luvs for the price, but my son leaks right through them at night. And he is off the bottle. Not bad for day time, though. I will also use Huggies if I have a coupon, but I prefer Pampers.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 2:48 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• you have to find out which fits her best.
    for us..huggies gave her rashes cause it didnt pull away form the skine nough, pampers was always the best choice. now that she's in pull ups, its huggies..but diapers was pampers
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 2:48 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I love huggies also. When you take one out of the package you can just tell by the way it feels that is a good absorbent diaper. I have had no problems with leakes. I tried luvs, white cloud, and i absolutely hated pampers. The kind i had of those were swaddlers. I did not like them at all.
    jaceyrayesmom

Answer by jaceyrayesmom at 2:50 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I make my own diapers. check out my website www.kimskloth.com I don't have any leaks, unless she has to wear the diaper for a really long time, like on a 10 hour car ride home, then it's minimal. I have spent around $100 or less the whole time my daughter has been in diapers, shes 10 months. Cloth is the best way to go. Healthy for the environment, healthy for your baby, healthy on your wallet. Cloth diapered babies have less diaper rashes and because it isn't like a freakin portable potty that absorbs 10 pounds of piss, babies potty train easier. Would you like to wear paper panties? Your baby wouldn't appreciate it either.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 2:54 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I LOVE HUGGIES I TRIED PAMPERS AT FIRST BUT THEY WERE NO GOOD I TRIED HUGGIES AND THATS ALL I USE IF SOMEONE GIVES ME ANYTHING ELSE I WONT USE THEM FOR MY SON I USE THEM TO MAKE DIAPER CAKES FOR MY BUSINESS.....................
    armywifeNmom513

Answer by armywifeNmom513 at 2:58 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• a 10 hour car ride!!! Iew, you telling us you didnt stop for diaper changes??

LUVS LUVS LUVS...cheap, cute, stretchy, cheap, super absorbant, cheap, have that baby powder smell, like the pampers they use in the hospital.. love baby-scented stuff.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 3:25 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Cloth diapers are the best! The ones I use are not like the old fashioned ones that you fold, pin and need a cover for. Google Fuzzi Bunz. Those are the pocket diapers I use. They are so easy to use (even my hubby loves them) and all you do is dump them in the washing machine. Not alot of extra work. My son doesn't get diaper rashes, he doesn't have nasty chemicals on his bum all day long, it's better for the environment (it takes 500 years for a sposie to decompose) and I am saving TONS of money even with the extra loads of laundery.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 3:31 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• LUVS!!

I've been using them for months with my boy/girl twins and have not had any leaks at all. They last the entire 12 hours through the night without leaking. I've gone through every single brand name diaper and these are the best in my opinion. No poopie explosions have gotten through the Luvs either. I had that problem with the Huggies and the Pampers.

BTW, they are the cheapest at Target. Walmart was actually double the price of the same diapers at Target!
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 5:03 PM on Nov. 7, 2008