SO still has contact with the girl he cheated with. Should I leave for good?

long story short 5 months ago SO and I broke up for a few weeks because he had been sleeping with this girl for about 3 weeks before I found out.. We got back together but I had never seen the girl and I didmt know who she was except for the fact that she was a cousin of his friend. He had told me that he atill saw her from time to time bc he worked in walmart and she came in sometimes. So the other day the girl sends him a msg on facebook just saying hello and that she had gone back to where she was from and all. I got mad and asked if he had been in contact with her recently and he said no. Then this morning I see in his messages on his phone that he had texted her within the last month. When confronted he said he was just speaking to her... Yea right like I believe that I'm so mad. What should I do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:27 AM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't think he should still be talking to her, it looks very suspicious even if he is telling the truth, I'd have trouble believing him too. I won't tell you to leave or stay, that's for you to decide what's best for you.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:31 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• If you can't trust him, then it's not a good relationship.

Answer by Bmat at 7:35 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I think if he was TRULY sorry for what he'd done, he would make sure that he had ceased all contact with her and was doing everything in his power to atone and earn your trust back. If he's still being sneaky, then he's not really sorry, period.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:38 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• If she left town for good then I'd give him a pass. Just tellhim to chill out with the hooch and take it from there.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 8:05 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I would!

Answer by older at 8:33 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• When the trust goes, so does the relationship for me, what you do will be up to you, but I like to be able to believe my SO and if I can't there's not much point in being together. jmo

zbee

Answer by zbee at 8:47 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• He shouldn't be talking to her at all, it would make me wonder if their affair was truly over.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:20 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• She's gone so what's the problem now?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• this is th OP the problem is that I don't know that she is gone for good and could come back anytime. Also I don't want him carrying on an emotional affair just bc she isn't here
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:29 AM on Dec. 13, 2010