any good recipes for a christmas breakfast....? anything unique

my MIL is kinda depressed this holiday so i offered to have christmas at our house..instead of dinner though i am wanting to have an early breakfast because my son will be going home with my grandparents later in the afternoon for the rest of christmas break. We are planning on sausage, bacon, biscuits...ya know. but anyone know of anything unique for breakfast..maybe a hashbrown casserole, some kind of fancy jam i can make? any ideas?

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 7:45 AM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Holidays

• I have been looking up strata recipes. I have never made it or had it before, I just cant decide if I want it to be a sweet strata like fruit, or hearty like sausage...
    allrecipes has good ones, but so does betty crocker!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:49 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:51 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• My mom makes a Baked Stuffed French Toast everyone at our house loves it!
    12-16 slices bread with crust
    1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
    1 doz. eggs
    2 c. milk
    1/3 c. pure maple syrup

Cut bread into cubes and place 1/2 in 9 x 14 inch casserole dish. Cube cream cheese and put on top of bread, add remaining bread. Whip eggs, milk and syrup together; pour over entire area. Cover with plastic and let sit overnight in refrigerator. Remove plastic for baking. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Add additional syrup if desired.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:57 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• To take the stress off myself on Christmas morning, I always go place a Panera Bread order for some breakfast goodies (i.e. bagels, fruit, danish, et cetera) and pick it up on Christmas Eve. Then in the morning, we spread it out on the table and while we open some gifts, we just get up here and there to pick up something to nibble on!
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 8:03 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• We do stratta. It is a tradition. The really great thing is that you do it ahead. So you are free on Christmas morning. All you do is pop it in the oven and go about your activities.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:03 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• i would love any of those strata recipes but my dh's family are a bunch of picky eaters..they can't have anything mixed together or touching..lol. i saw a jam recipe i like from betty crocker though..thanks for that.
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 8:09 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• i may try to make a strata..just so they can see that there is life beyond the basics..i bet they wont touch it though.
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 8:11 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:29 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• WE ALWAYS Monkey Bread. I can remember having it heck from forever!!!lol We leave out the pecans
    Ingredients
    1 1/2 cups white sugar
    1 cup chopped pecans
    3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
    3 (12 ounce) packages refrigerated buttermilk biscuit dough
    1/2 cup margarine
    Directions
    Sprinkle nuts in bottom of a greased Bundt pan.
    Mix cinnamon and sugar together. Cut biscuits into fourths, and roll each piece in the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Layer biscuits in pan.
    Melt butter or margarine, and dissolve the remainder of the sugar mixture in it. Spoon over biscuits.
    Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 35 minutes. Turn out onto a platter, and serve.
    StefInfection

Answer by StefInfection at 9:18 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• i think Rachel ray have an individual french toast recipe that you make in muffin tins , check the food channel website

cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:27 AM on Dec. 13, 2010