How do you wake your kid(s) up in the morning?

I give my 8 yo a bunch of kisses on the cheek, say "Time to get up". If it takes too long for him to get up, I send the dog & cat in to lick/bother him out of bed.

sweetpotato418

Asked by sweetpotato418 at 8:02 AM on Dec. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• That's too cute! I have yet to wake my nine and seven year old's up - they are always up before we are! Ugh ...
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 8:04 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• ya the dang cat wakes my son up. I dont know what the cats deal is, he meows like fricken crazy!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:04 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Kisses on the cheek! Actually usually he wakes up on his own, but if I have to work and he has to go to a sitter, I'll kiss him on the cheek, and tell him it's time to get up. If that doesn't work, I tickle him until he giggles, and then kiss him some more.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:06 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Unfortunately my cat & dog wake me up as a team! I always figure the least I can do is sic them on the boy!
    sweetpotato418

Comment by sweetpotato418 (original poster) at 8:07 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I use to spray my son with a water bottle spray, and it worked like a charm.

Answer by older at 8:15 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• LOL, very cute. With my middle one I go in and rub the top of his head and whisper its time to get up. My youngest usually gets up on her own. With my oldest I go in and shake him a little. If he doesn't get up I will go in and jump on the bed. Even that doesn't work sometimes. If he doesn't get up I tell him I'm leaving without him and he will have to walk to school. His school is about 5 miles from out house so he really wouldn't want to walk.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:16 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• older- I have thought about doing that. I have to wake mine uo 2 or 3 times before they get up.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 8:17 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• bucket of ice water and flip the matresses over... oh no wait that was Basic training.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:17 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Don't you mean How Do my children wake me up??? :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 8:27 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• But on the rare occasion I do have to wake my 5yo up I either give him a hug/kiss or I let his ferocious kitten wake him up. I know mean mommy :0
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 8:28 AM on Dec. 13, 2010