How do you tone down the lightness of my blonde hair? My hairdresser keeps spreading the color from my roots

to the rest of my hair. Help. I do not like the lighter color being spread out so much. It is 7g light golden blonde by socolor.What does anyone suggesst to bring the color down a notch? Thanks.

mamacita69930

Asked by mamacita69930 at 8:03 AM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Get lowlights put in close to your natural (or desired) color. This happens w/ blond color all the time. And talk to your hairdresser - color is too expensive to be unhappy w/ the results!
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 8:06 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• If they do not know what low lights are it is time to go some where else.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 8:10 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Dawn dish soap! Wash your hair with it, it can only be Dawn though. My stylist's have always suggested this method, and there have been many times I've had to do it; and it always works for me, be prepared though because it might take mulitple tries.
    Hope4Teal

Answer by Hope4Teal at 8:20 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Call around and find the right salon. I'd check the phone book for color specialists

Answer by admckenzie at 10:36 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Brown highlights.

Answer by older at 8:06 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Usually they look at me and have no clue when I tell them low lights and so then I just tell them to put a darker color on top and then add the blonde on the roots . Is that ok?
    mamacita69930

Comment by mamacita69930 (original poster) at 8:08 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I agree w/ Alanaplus4 - if they don't know what lowlights are, find a new salon. When I've had lowlights done, I've had the base color done (roots) and then lowlight foils or cap. But, I'd be nervous having your salon do double process color if they don't know the term lowlights.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 8:13 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I agree with alana also, they should know what low lights are!

Answer by older at 8:14 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• It has been a HUH at every salon I go to. Not just one.
    mamacita69930

Comment by mamacita69930 (original poster) at 8:49 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I have been there done that and it is at its most even color but just very bright on the sides with lightness. I have had foils and the color does not cover the grey enough. Lowlights as you call them look so blah,blah blah. I think dying it darker and adding highlights may do the trick but I always end up dying my hair golden blonde..Thanks ladies...
    mamacita69930

Comment by mamacita69930 (original poster) at 12:35 PM on Dec. 13, 2010