Middle names

My family has a tradition where the first born girl does not have a middle name my mother myself and my daughter etc... have no middle name. i thought we were over this already since my daughter is now 1 1/2 but the arrival of my 2 week old daughter has caused some problems. my MIL is causing problems like u wouldn't belive, since Lily doesn't have a middle name i shouldn't of been able to name my new daughter "cuz thats only fair" and now Lily's going to resent the new baby for having a middle name...WTF??i have 2 other sisters who have middle names and i don't care and who the hell is she to tell me i shouldn't have a right to name my daughter what i want? and just for the record, our first child (my son) is named after his father and is the V. so its ok to repect her family's tradition but mine doesn't matter???

xdeviouskittyxx

Asked by xdeviouskittyxx at 2:50 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in General Parenting

• do what YOU want it is YOUR child.

name her whatever you want!
    Anonymous

• and i've never met another person other than my mother who doesn't have a middle name and it may be uncommon but i'm not the only one..i mean i'm not going nuts over this..she is wrong about this one..and if she really had a problem why would she wait till we already picked the new babys name and have there birth certificate to say something??
    xdeviouskittyxx

Answer by xdeviouskittyxx at 2:53 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• i've already named her..i'm sure she may not like the middle name but i could care less, in my defense i've never been able to pick out a middle name for my other 2 children and me and my hubby agreed on her (not nesscarily the spelling but we agreed on it)
    xdeviouskittyxx

Answer by xdeviouskittyxx at 2:55 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• It's just a middle name that most never are happy with anyways..I say do what you want,She's your kid.
    Anonymous

• well if you already named her and have her birth certificate then just let it go hun.
    Anonymous

• Give her two middle names and tell MIL to stuff it up her arse.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 2:58 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• My grandpa didn't have a middle name and i thought that was kinda weird but i think if someone wants to do that go head it your body that made the child with your hubby noone else helped make the child. and i also think that it is neat that a child is dif from others it gets tiring seeing samething over and over...
    Anonymous

• Your child,, you and your husband decision, not his moms..First names are more important then middle name,,As long as they sound good together I think..Take control

Answer by louise2 at 3:04 PM on Nov. 7, 2008