Does anyone have a cookie recipe for a cookie press...thats not spritz?!

I want to make some cookies with my press, but neither my husband or myself like spritz cookies. I tried what was to be a short bread yesterday and that was horrible! the cookies crumbles in your mouth and feels like you just dumped a cup of powder in your mouth :( look for any kind of cookie other than spritz! thanks!!!

babymaddy

Asked by babymaddy at 9:03 AM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• did your cookie press come with recipes?? I googled cookie press and found lots of recipes that way. Butter snow flakes *2 1/4 c flour *1/4 tsp salt *1/3 tsp cinnamon *1 c sugar *1 egg yolk *1 c butter *1 (3 oz) pkg cream cheese softened *1 tsp vanilla *1 tsp orange zest preheat oven 350 sift together flour, salt cinnamon: set aside In a med bowl cream together butter Cr cheese. Add sugar and egg yolk beat until light & fluffy. stir in vanilla & orange zest. Slowly add dry ingredients. fill cookie press and form cookies on ungreased cookie sheet. bake 12-15 min or until golden brown on peaks and bottom of cookies. Remove at once to wire racks to cool

justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 9:16 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I made butter cookies yesterday with my press. 4 cups flour. 1/2 cup sugar. 1 lb butter. I stuck the dough in the fridge between cookie press fillings just so it didn't get too warm. I tinted half the batter with green food coloring and made a bunch of little green Christmas tree. 350 for 15 minutes.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:19 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• sugar cookies?
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 5:45 PM on Dec. 13, 2010