Interesting..Did Da Vinci leave a code within Mona Lisas eyes?

OR would you say it's probably just age worn damage?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1337976/Real-life-Da-Vinci-Code-Tiny-numbers-letters-discovered-Mona-Lisa.html

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 9:22 AM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm going to guess it's just worn. People see what they want to see - and if someone charismatic believes in something enough they can get other people to see it as well.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:25 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• It would not surprise me if it's some kind of code. But, i doubt it has anything to do with the holy grail.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:27 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I didnt see anything...
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 9:29 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I saw the mona lisa in person many years ago, and it was enigmatic. But, to say that there's a code is really reaching far beyond my ability to believe.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:15 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I saw this on GMA and of course moms can never hear the TV. Thanks for the link. I love a good mystery!
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 12:13 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• its probably a code that they want you to believe is just worn.....or even vice versa........you never know anymore....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 1:14 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• If they are there, well maybe the entire painting was color-coded...you know, like a child's coloring book, each number in the picture refers to the color you're supposed to use. Just kidding. Actually if there are numbers or letters in the eyes, it's pretty amazing that someone back then could hide something in a painting that can only be seen/discovered using today's technology. To me it would simply be a manifestation of the man's genius. Wouldn't be surprised to see a Dan Brown novel involving the Mona Liza sometime in the not to distant future though.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 6:12 PM on Dec. 14, 2010