Would you feel bad or get a little guilty pleasure....

I have a "friend"... we went to school together, we got married at almos the same time, we had our kids at the same time ( we were actually in the rooms next to each other for both of our kids !)

BUT ... she has always had a way of making me feel bad about my life compared to her and I really believe she has done this on purpose....

If my marriage was going bad, she would make sure I knew how great hers was... If I had a problem with one of my kids she would tell me about how wonderful acting her angels were... when we missed out on our dream house because someone stole my husbands ID and messed up our credit... she made sure to rub her new house in my face ....and then when we started trying for our 3rd baby and found out I couldnt have anymore ( and I have to have a hysterectomy) ... she made sure to rub it in my face, almost daily when she did get pregnant again ....

So over the last 6 years I have spaced out our time together... to where we would go months without seeing each other and just have contact over facebook and the phone....

but anyways in the last couple of months I have seen her 3 times ( twice at a store and once at a kids library function) ..... everytime I see her, her kids are acting horrible ( literally screaming and throwing HUGE fits..) and mine are acting very good.... Also both times at the store she was with her husband and all they did was argue, even telling each other F*ck you ( in front of the kids !)

I know it is bad and I know she probably made such a big deal out of her life because she was probably unhappy too and just wanted someone to think how great it was.... but she has literally caused me alot of pain over the years and I have taken some guilty pleasure out of this...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The whole situation is sad. Please do not participate in it. It is caustic.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:43 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Don't you just love karma
    MumaSue

Answer by MumaSue at 9:45 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• ¸.•*"That's awful that she is like that..she is suppose to be a friend ....but i think you spacing out your friendship over the last few months is a good way to deal with her...on top of that...i think i would just thank karma in a way..seems her life's not all that great after all..and i would deff take some guilty pleasure in that¸.•*"bless you and your family...
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 9:48 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I'm sure it makes you feel better. Sounds like you were actually taking to heart the things she was saying. Now you realize she is human and her life isnt as perfect as she says. It is sad for her no matter how satisfying it is. The Bible says we are to pray for our enemies. It is easy to pray for our loved ones, but can you take a moment to pray that her life gets better? It's ok to look at the situation and say she wasnt as perfect as your thought (or as she thought). She is probably learning a lesson right now, pray that she learns it, pray that her misery is short lived and she will become a better person, pray that she has an easier day tomorrow. The feelings you had were normal but it takes a bigger person to say I am going to change my feelings and have empathy for her even though she doesnt deserve it.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:48 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• just be happy karma has finaly caught up to her... it was wrong what she did in the first place. just be the better person and don't stoop to her level.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 9:51 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• guilty pleasure FTW (for the win)
    I have people in my lif like this as well.
    I finally got rid of one of them.
    Im tierd of people making me feel like crap...what ever happened to if you cant say anything nice dont say it at all?

lacyjay1987

Answer by lacyjay1987 at 10:17 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Karma is a bitch so don't ask for it to come back on your by stooping to her level. You did the right thing by putting space between you. Feel good about the fact that she is no longer a big part of your life and just keep moving forward.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:57 AM on Dec. 13, 2010