Pink mucus!? adult content

My husband and I have been having unprotected sex for over a year now and are trying to conceive. When I went pee hours after love making, there was thick mucus and it was tinted a very LIGHT pink colour. It's never happened before so that's why I found it strange. Ten minutes later I get a very bad pain from my belly button down to my vagina it lasted for three or four minutes. I don't really know what to think about all of this.

I should note that I am now two months late with my period. I have taken a home pregnancy test three days ago and it was Negative. I don't really have any pregnancy symptoms. I get headaches, mood swings, I'm bloated, I get cramps and eat a fair bit more, but thats it. Not sure if those are pregnancy symptoms? I feel pregnant thats the thing. Anyone know whats wrong!?

SillyFaerie

Asked by SillyFaerie at 9:40 AM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Pink tinged mucus is usually a sign of one of three things.

#1-Ovulatory bleeding. Was the mucus kind of translucent and the consistancy of raw egg whites? If so you may be ovulating.

#2- It could be implantation spotting. You said you haven't had a period in two months. Have you had a blood test to determine pregnancy?

#3- AF is on her way and she's coming in an unusual way this month.

There are of course of things it could be but in my experience it's usually one of the above. You said you haven't had a period in two months so have you talked to your doctor about this? Going from regular periods to not having one for two months is not normal. I would definately suggest a blood test.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• you will need a blood test to confirm or rule out pregnancy if you are late and have a negative hpt. the pink is probably just some blood from the cervix and is not a big deal. it isnt a big deal if thats all it is... just dont be so rough lol
    TwoSugars

Answer by TwoSugars at 9:56 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I would say get a blood test as well, though two months of missing cycles you might need ultrasound confirmation. One of my closest friends kept getting negative tests (including blood) until they finally did an ultrasound. She was just past her first trimester. so it is possible you are a rare occurance like she was. It's possible the blood was from the cervix. Like TwoSugars said don't be so rough. :)
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:00 PM on Dec. 13, 2010