my hubby has been unemployed for over a month already hes applied at more than 20 places and not a single call has he gotten does anyone know any websites he can fill out online?

he already did the applications for circuit city, kmart, bestbuy, fedex, sears, walmart and halliburton online, the other ones he did in person do u know anymore online? we've gone to the yahoo jobs and craiglist also but those seem like spam.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Money & Work

• The online sites are useless.. Seriously I did'nt start hearing back from anyone on them until 3 to 5 months later. As was the situation wiht my boyfriend. Try Craigslist. It's where we both got our current jobs from. You may have to read thru a bunch of bs before you get to anything worth writing to but there's ussually a few inquiry worthy ads.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 3:03 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Not sure where you live, but Careerbuilder.com and Monster.com have tons of jobs, and you can post a resume on-line as well. Most companies have on-line applications, but I'm sure they receive thousands/day - always follow up with a phone call, or a printed application/resume/cover letter.

Networking is the best way to go - most people get in for interviews because someone they know knows someone somewhere! Hope he finds something soon.

Sue
    www.FreedomForLife.info
    mnrock

Answer by mnrock at 3:04 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• "mnrock" how do you make a resume? they taught us in high school but i already forgot.
    Anonymous

• Check out my website...www.cashcrate221.weebly.com
    It will show you how to make money online for free
    Msgeez

Answer by Msgeez at 3:58 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I do not suggest filling out job applications online, as they never seem to get looked at! You are better off going to the establishments in person and filling them out there!
    I wish I had an answer for you about who would be hiring for you locally!
    Have you and your husband ever considered starting your own home based business?
    ~Lisa
    www.MomsGoneGreen.biz
    MomsGoneGreen

Answer by MomsGoneGreen at 6:50 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• My husband joined me in my work at home biz. If he fills out apps on line, he will have a slight chance, since about 3000 others are also doing the same. I can show you what we do from home if you are interested.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 2:37 AM on Nov. 8, 2008