if you had a choice to choose your child birthday would you do this? It doesn't seem fair..

today is my son birthday but I am so close to popping my doctor wants to induce me today. I don't want to and explained to them its my others son birthday and I want them to have there own special days. Now I am contracting lots and I keep loosing mucus TMI but I am holding out and hoping he comes tomorrow. The doctor and nurse say it would be so much fun to share your birthday. BUt when your little that day is just for you I think and that is why I am hoping he doesn't come.
What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• There isn't much you can do. Baby will come when he wants to come. I would try to hold off if I could if I was in your situation. Hope the baby comes when you want it to.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 10:02 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• just let it happen... i don't think you should choose your childs birthday though i do think there are those who do... many those who schedule a c section.... and it's not by choice...
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 10:02 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I think I would try to wait also. My three kids B-days are Oct. 2, Oct 22 and Nov. 14. To me that is bad enough. I would try, but if it really causes problems I would let them. Good luck.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:03 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I would also try to wait it out. Its gonna be tough enough having them 1 day apart! My boys were suppose to be 1 week apart so i got induced a week early with the second one so that they are 2 weeks apart. Im glad they are that far apart. It gives them each alittle time to reflect on being special for that day! They are 4 and 18 mths. We did do their bday party together but made it special for both of them!
    mommyofone15

Answer by mommyofone15 at 10:03 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Why does your doctor want to induce you? If you're contracting it sounds like you're on your way. Just curious if this is for health reasons (yours or the baby's) or for the doctor's convenience.

sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 10:08 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• If you're having a healthy pregnancy, why get induced? The Dr. probably just wants to deliver the baby on HIS time & not yours. I would wait & if i feel like i'm going into labor, then i'd go to the hospital.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:11 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Squeeze!!! lol Just kidding! I would try to wait one day and let them have separate days. Sounds like baby my try to come today and if that is the case you could always do the oldest ones birthday party the day before the actual day and the younger one the day after. Save the actual day for a private family party! Good luck and congrats!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:13 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I wouldn't induce unless it was medically necessary, but if baby wants out, then they share a birthday! Good luck! And congratulations!
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 10:14 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I have a friend who shares a birthday with her brother - 8 yrs between them - and she thinks it's cool. Also, think of all the twins, triplets, etc that share a birthday. I also know a woman whose kids were born in the same month, but not the same day, and they hated it.

I think it depends on how you handle it - like, you could say "ok, the weekend before your birthday is the party for __(oldest kid), and the weekend after is for __ (youngest). The actual day of is just for family, where we will celebrate the two wonderful people born today.

I think the reason the one lady's kids hated it is because they were both girls, only a yr (or 2 - can't remember) apart - and every yr, they did one party 1/2 between them for both girls.

But, in the end, the baby will be born when he/she wants :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:15 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• lol - khedy - you had the same thought I did :-) I agree with you, and think you had a good idea ;-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:17 AM on Dec. 13, 2010