Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

7 Bumps

I cheated... adult content

I cheated on my SO years ago when we first started dating. We are now 3 yrs into our relationship and when we fight he still throws it in my face and calls me a cheating whore! He also uses the "C" word toward me alot and other things. How do I get him to let go of the past and forgive me for what I did 2 1/2 years ago?? Should I even stay with him and work things out or should I say Fuck it and bounce? Im confused, I love him, but Im not so sure that he loves me anymore, I sometimes feel like all Im good for is cooking, cleaning, and sex. what do I do??


Asked by AingealsBabies at 10:03 AM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Relationships

Level 13 (1,104 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (32)
  • I'd bounce.

    Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 10:04 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

  • people who have been cheated on will forever feel the pain of betrayal even when they try real hard not to. They might hide it from time to time & even forget about it here & there...but that pain always pops back up at some point. When the one person you trust most disrespects you & decieves you, you will never ever trust that person %100 again. I also think you should bounce & learn from your mistakes.

    Answer by samurai_chica at 10:07 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

  • My husband and I have been married for 9 yrs now. I cheated on him early on in the marriage and it took him more than two years to really get over the betrayal. He has also cheated on me in the past and it took awhile for me to get over that as well. You can forgive, but you cant ever forget. It is something that you guys will have to work on everyday if you want to make it work and stay together. The last 4 years of my marriage have been  wonderful. I am glad we stayed together and worked things out.


    Answer by elffyefli at 10:29 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

  • I'd tell him to get over it and get on with my day. He's trying to emotionally manipulate you. Stay in control and ignore his bad behavior

    Answer by admckenzie at 10:27 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

  • If he is calling you names and still accusing you of cheating he has not gotten over it and chances are he probably never will 'forgive and forget' and he will keep throwing it back up at you. If you both do want to stay together and keep the relationship then I would suggest couples counseling. Personally if it were me, I'd leave as I don't know if he will ever change and let it go.

    Answer by MizLee at 10:27 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

  • honestly, if you're not feeling the love it's time to go. the next time around you can make sure you do the right thing so there is nothing that they can throw in your face when they are having a bad day...sigh..

    Answer by angevil53 at 10:29 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

  • He is still hurt and doesn't trust you because of the betrayal. You need to ask him if he still wants to be with you or if he will forever be hurt and distrustful because of the past. If he can get over it and wants to work on things with you, it's time for counciling. If he doesn't want to do this any more (or if you don't want to do this any more) then leave.

    Answer by Ati_13 at 10:07 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

  • You can't make him forget and forgive. I would have a serious talk with him about it, when you're not fighting. If he can't stop bringing it up, then you have to decide if you can live with it the rest of your life. Counseling would help the two of you learn to deal with this. If he won't go, then you should go by yourself.

    Answer by SweetLuci at 10:18 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

  • let him go and tell him u sorry but its not rite that he uses those words towards u and maybe a break is what u need and he will relize that once u put ur foot down mistakes happen but at least u were truthfull

    Answer by kai302 at 10:25 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

  • Leave!! I would be Horrified if my husband, of 11yrs, called me a C***! Sometimes it is better to go on without someone than for them to constantly remind you of your regrets...... If you want to stay, I recommend counselling.

    Answer by eluc at 10:36 AM on Dec. 13, 2010