WHAT AN IDIOT!

My dau's school district is the ONLY one in our area that did not delay or close today due to bad weather. We have a record # of students walking 2 miles to school (due to budget cuts-no buses for 2 miles or less) on unshoveled walks, in below zero wind chill. Some of the economically challenged areas have students who dont even have proper coats, gloves, etc. The superintendent is a complete MORON!

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 10:06 AM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• A few times when we had freezing weater and they kept the schools open, I just didn't send the kids to school. Ya, our superintendent is a moron to. He closes the schools when we have a light snow dusting, but keeps it open when its icee and we can not get up the hills. We live in a very hilly area.
    1Giovanni

Answer by 1Giovanni at 11:42 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I wouldn't send mine.

My kids' school closed today... if they hadn't, I woulda kept mine home anyway.
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 10:07 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• you can always give your kid a sick day and write a note tomorrow. The school won't know (or care).
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:07 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I don't see a problem with just giving the kid a day off if its that big a burden.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• the school should have did a snow day imo
    cleomo7

Answer by cleomo7 at 10:14 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• And i thought our superintendent was a moron! I would have just kept my kids home.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 10:18 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I also would not send my child in.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:09 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• No buses. Can they do that? I have medical issues and can't drive my dh goes in at 6 and doesn't get off til 5. We would be screwed! Anyway I live in Alabama and alot were just doing it when they didn't really need to.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:10 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• The superintendent may be a moron, but so are the careless parents who sent their children out into that weather. I wouldn't care what the school said, my kids would be kept home.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 11:36 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• My kids school is closed today but we live in the mountains and we have 4 inches of snow and it froze on the roads last night.When I lived up north in MD it was RARE for the schools to close over snow..I didn't ride the bus I walked..4 miles one way snow,rain..whatever.The cuts caused the same thing here anyone living within 2 miles of the school gets no bus..I don't see the problem with that one 2 miles is nothing American kids are too fat.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:11 AM on Dec. 13, 2010