do you ever find youself comparing.....

you kids to others or how your paernting is????

i would have to say that i have but never in a negative way... or really never compared but just gave out advice really.... only for the fact i know i'm not a parent who has a place to compare to others...

Lynnsae

Asked by Lynnsae at 10:16 AM on Dec. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• Sometimes. There are kids at DD's school who seem to have an after school elective every single day. I feel bad that my DD does not do all that stuff. BUT, i don't think i could deal with having to take her somewhere every single day, then have to come home & do homework & cook. It would drive me nuts! She has swimming on the weekends & that's it. I don't think i could do any more than that.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:18 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• i try very hard not to compare my child to other children

my daughter is three and almost a half
    she has autism and speech delay with that of course
    some days harder than others, then i see or hear other children younger than her that are more further along
    getting better, not comparing, but have had tears when just at store without my daughter and chatted with a mom whose child is younger and just talking away, i hide the tears though, butt not cry outright in front of people
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:21 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• ¸.•*"i never do it negativly...and i try not to compare my children to other's they are pretty good kids in my eye's...lol but i do look at some other mom's i know who seem to always have it sooo together..sometimes i wish i was alittle more together maybe but then i am always reassured that im doing just fine...
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 10:25 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I am with samurai chica. I feel sorry for kids who have something every day. They don't get to enjoy their childhood. I let my kids to one sport and an extra elective for fun at a time. Put too much on them and they don't get anything out of any of them. That's just my opinion.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:26 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Yes and no. When I'm with friends I recognize we have different ways of coping and reacting to our children and their needs. But I feel pretty good right now....I just attended a training for professionals on how to teach parents to have a better relationship with their child - and every suggestion he had we already do. Have been doing it in our routine for a long time. It was nice to have that inner knowledge that the number one professionals in this country on parenting agree with my parenting approaches.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:40 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I totally know where you are coming from fiatpax. My 3 year old son is Autistic and I just can't help noticing kids his age or younger and how much more "advanced" then him they seem or rather how behind he is...
    fairygurl91787

Answer by fairygurl91787 at 1:42 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• I really try not to, because my DD is really advanced for her age, and I know that the norm is no where near where she is. And when my friends comapre their kids to her and say "At _ months, wasnt your DD___?" I just say, "__(yes or no), but every kid is different."
    Although I watch the way people's kids are, good and bad, and how the parents react and deal with it. If I see something working for them, I might try it.
    But If I see someone's kid with a bunch of problems, I make a note of what NOT to do, as well.
    Its all a learning experience for us... No one is perfect, or a perfect mom. But what you learn, and how you apply it next time, determines a good deal.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:20 AM on Dec. 15, 2010