Do you ever...

find your self automatically thinking of the year 1900 when someone says "Back in the turn of the century" and then realize.. wait, that could be 2000... which do they mean?

Most of us grew up in the late 1900s are programmed to think of the 20th century when references are made.

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 10:17 AM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Hmmm a different question; but yes I do think of the 1900's first . Growing up in that era and graduating high School in the late 70's it still seems like the 20th century at times..oh my! . later Pam
    officemgr59

Answer by officemgr59 at 10:28 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• GOOD Q never thought of that i bumped you
    lacyjay1987

Answer by lacyjay1987 at 10:29 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I have never thought of it that way.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 2:36 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• It rather depends on the subject matter. There are few ppl that are 110 years old. So, if it's a newscast, documentary, or even a person just talking, listening to how they are referring to "the turn of the century" will tell you which century they are talking about. I guess I never really thought about it much. I can't remember having to try to figure out which one they were talking about.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:01 AM on Dec. 13, 2010