Who ever said a relationship is easy, would you give up on yours if it was not easy?

I am not....

I feel as long as he didn't abuse me, cheat on me, steal from me, he is not a user of drugs or not an alcholic-just my opinion.. Provides for the family, loves the kids. I would have to be a nut not too try and keep it together especially because he is will to try with me...

Although he is not very social and willing to try then why not give it a shot.

You need to work on it, but it has to be both of you, one person can't make a relationship, it takes two...

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 10:33 AM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• ¸.•*"My dh and me have been threw some really tough times in the past and i would never give up you have to work on things to make them better and i agree he has never beat on me cheated on me or anything like that no drugs ect...so i would have to be crazy to just give up...i always say *i put all these years into him to get him the way i finally like him...lol..im not leaven now*lol¸.•*"
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 10:36 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I've been married almost 46 years, and very little of it has been easy. Has it been worth the pain? Yes, indeed, and I cannot imagine life without my husband. The two becoming one is a process, and it takes a lifetime for it to happen. My husband is a better husband today than he's ever been, and the same is true for his wife. And we are still learning, still growing, and still looking forward to the marriage becoming ever stronger. So, I say, good for you!!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:38 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I agree. We've been married 22 years. We have a great marriage, and our madly in love still, but there are times when it's hard. Over the years there have been times when either one of us could have walked away. I've said this before, the best advice I ever got was "there will be some days that it will be easy to love your husband, and there will be some days when you have to get up in the morning and make a decision to love him." and I think that's true....I'm sure for him as well.

There are times in every marriage when you are hurt, or angry, but if there hasn't been abuse, he's not an alcoholic etc. I think you can usually work through that time, and find the love again. Both people have to work at it, as you said, it takes two.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:39 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• yeah my hubby and i have been toome major together for 5 years and we have had some major problems, but we have alwas worked through it. he has some depression and some anger issues not abusive thoguh jst gets mad at stupid stuff so it can be challenging but we work together on it. so yes i believe that working through relationship problems is the best thing to do, unless the man is abusive to the woman or the kids.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 10:40 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Relationships aren't easy, at least not all of the time. That's the whole point, though. Life is messy, it is unexpected. Things happen, and we have to do our best to work through whatever they may be. Love isn't just an emotion, its a constant decision, one that we make over and over again throughout our lives with our spouses/partners.

There are only three "deal breakers", for me : cheating, abuse, and drugs. Anything else I'm more than willing to work as hard as it takes to get through. Besides its in the conflict that you find your room to grow as a couple - I think, anyway. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:57 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• no. ours is far from easy. but were not giving up were working through the hard times in hope of better times!!!
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 11:03 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• It's been 25 years for us and I honestly can't remember an "easy" time. I was 15 and he was 18 when we got married and it has been a bumpy but fun ride so far and I do not really anticipate smooth sailing ahead. Hubby has too many health issues for it to be smooth sailing. We definitely love each other more than we did 25 years ago. When two people live together, there is going to be conflict. There is no real way to avoid it. The trick is to learn HOW to have those conflicts and still get along with each other.

I wouldn't want it to be "easy" ... that wouldn't be any fun.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:54 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Easy??Growing up is HARD, now trying to live a life with someone else is something we have to try to work it out on a daily basis.
    bratgirln1

Answer by bratgirln1 at 11:58 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I would never give up on my dh. No ones marriage is perfect. I'm married to my best friend and we still have disagreemnts sometimes. You have to nuture your relationship or there will be problems.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 12:06 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• honestly i've thought about leaving my SO before, but only for a second before I realize how crazy and selfish that would be...the story of how we got together is even crazier and no one thought we'd work, but here we are- trying to work it, so no- I wouldn't leave...life isn't easy, but it's definitely easier sharing it with someone.
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 2:50 PM on Dec. 13, 2010