Home made fabric refresher with Fragrance oils for scent?

Hi everyone! I want to make my own frebreze type fabric freshener. I have found tons of recipes using water and fabric softener. I am wondering if anyone has made one using fragrance oils for the scent. I make my own candles so I would love to have my "frebreze" smell like my candles lol...

TIA,

Ivy

mom23ks

Asked by mom23ks at 11:11 AM on Dec. 13, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I just used a spritzer full of water, and add a couple drops of oil. Shake before spraying. I love lavender & sage!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:13 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• id worry about the oil staining some fabrics
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 11:16 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I wouldn't use any type of oil - they could stain or leave "grease spots" on the fabric.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:16 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• No, it doesn't stain. You're only using a couple of drops of essential oils per 8oz of water, it is not as though you'll be spraying straight oil. You mist above the fabric (at least 12 inches), and what insignificant amount of the oils are in the water leave a residual fragrance- We have more oils on our bodies than is in that.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:26 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I actually just made a batch of fabric softener and a bonus bottle of Febreze with it.

FABRIC SOFTENER RECIPE

I used White Rain Lavender Vanilla for one batch (smells like Downy Lavender Fields) and Suave Refreshing Waterfall Mist for the other (smells like... well... Febreze). I fill the empty Febreze bottle with water and add two tablespoons of fabric softener and a dash of baking soda... shake very well and spray away.

doing laundry

WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 5:19 PM on Dec. 14, 2010

• (
    Anonymous