Have you ever felt like wow life is great but something is still missing?

I have been married 17 years im madly in love with him sex is wonderful still after all these years i have 3 kids one of them is his but we have 2 a 16 year old and a 8 year old but i feel like im missing out on something . I still feel like i have no purpose in life ..I feel like Im just a mom or Im just a wife...I guess what im asking is am i the only one who feels this way?

kimmy77

Asked by kimmy77 at 11:15 AM on Dec. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'll give you a bump.. sounds like you might be going through depression right now... Talk to your Dr. about these feelings, and hopefully you will enjoy everything a little more!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 11:16 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I think it's common for some women to feel like that when their children get older. Have you considered getting a hobby? Volunteering? My grammy went through that and took up painting. It seemed to fill the "hole" she was experiencing.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:18 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• You are someone and that is a mom!!!!!!!

I would take up a hobby, be a class mom or some kind of womans class because you might be depressed or just bored. Find something you can do for your self to make you feel good about your self.

Good luck and remember you are someone very special- A mom and you can be and do anything you want to do.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:19 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I think you always need to have something in your life that your passionate about (aside from your family). Something that is just yours.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 11:26 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Thanks to you all i know im going through some depression and im in theropy right now but i havent seen any change yet and i sit home all day trying to figure out my next step in life
    kimmy77

Comment by kimmy77 (original poster) at 11:26 AM on Dec. 13, 2010

• Have you thought about what you'll do when the kids don't need you as much? Why not look into going to school now?
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:37 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I think it's easy for us all to have a time when we get wrapped up in what our family needs us to be and do that we forget about what we need as an individual. I agree with the others - is there something you want to do or enjoy just for you? It doesn't have to be a drastic change. What do you enjoy doing that's yours.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 1:03 PM on Dec. 13, 2010

• I havehad these feelings too esp. since my son started preschool. I had to find something to do so I started baking. It really helps me center things so to say LOL GL :D
    fairygurl91787

Answer by fairygurl91787 at 1:34 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• Yes, thats why at 42 i started college i just got my fall grades 4A's and 1 B try out something different in your life.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 1:40 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• may be you need a hobby something to fill your unspent time thats when i feel like that!!
    babylove14

Answer by babylove14 at 1:41 AM on Dec. 14, 2010